Fly Tying
Claudia

Flies from the vice.

Cinnamon sedge - I like it during summer evening

Caddis larva - I use it here in the small rivers and streams, usually in fast flowing water.

post-17741-1255553004_thumb.jpg

post-17741-1255553144_thumb.jpg

I mean: you are not arrogant! I´ve found lots of nice people here. Sorry, if you didn´t understand. My English isn´t so well.

Scorpio, your English is actually very good. :rolleyes:

Jan, what do you not like about the Thompson?

Mike

Does not hold a hook well. It holds anything smaller than a 14 tightly...but thats it. It also takes a ton of tork to tighten up the lever. Not a fun vice to work with. Anything I missed? Oh yeah, Griffins are prettier! :lol: :punk:

Thanks scorpio...but I would be lost ordering something internationally. Nice vices on there, though! :)

I have Harmonic version and have to say it´s well done. Very good vice for a good price. However, my dream is CF vice Reference.

http://www.c-and-f.co.jp/c_and_f_e/flytyin...m/cft_9000.html

Hey this is my first post on this forum. Here is what ive been tying and throwing most recently. Please give feedback about what yall think of this creation. Ive also been tying it in brown and black with wool heads.

Keeps it tight!!! post-20807-1256018299_thumb.jpg

Hey this is my first post on this forum. Here is what ive been tying and throwing most recently. Please give feedback about what yall think of this creation. Ive also been tying it in brown and black with wool heads.

Keeps it tight!!! post-20807-1256018299_thumb.jpg

Looks a little like Kelly Galloup's "SEX DUNGEON" which is a great pattern. I like the up, tailing hook. Add a little glow bug yarn under the chin, maybe?!

Very nice! I would fish it!

What is the body made out of?

It has been a little while while since I posted to Claudia's mammoth thread, so here goes :rolleyes:

wraith.jpg

Wraith

Hook: Sprite Perfect International #10

Thread: Pearsall's Gossamer, white

Collar: Ringneck pheasant under covert - soft flowing cream - sparse

Tail: Ringneck pheasant under covert barbs

Body: Mink underfur, pale greyyes

Wing: Ringneck pheasant tail barbs - from one of the shorter tail feathers

Cheers,

Hans W

Hey thanks Joni. Yea it basically is a dungeon, i just took out some materials i thought were excessive and made it more sculpin sized. The body is olive woolhead dubbbing but i also use ice dub sometimes. definatley going to add a white or red puff. good idea!

Hey thanks Joni. Yea it basically is a dungeon, i just took out some materials i thought were excessive and made it more sculpin sized. The body is olive woolhead dubbbing but i also use ice dub sometimes. definatley going to add a white or red puff. good idea!

Interesting...so how big are yours?

Thanks...that is a great looking fly!

hey thanks man. glad you like it!

Thanks...that is a great looking fly!

hey thanks man. glad you like it!

Okay, because of your fly, and the fact I am remodeling my House and watch ALLOT of DIY, I came up with what I call

"KITCHEN RENOVATION" LOL

Starts off with a Hot Chocolate by Bill Schiess, then into Kelly Galloup's Egg Sucking Sculpin / Sex Dungeon.

Gonna try it at Strawberry this weekend:

IMG_2036.jpg