Fly Tying
Claudia

Flies from the vice.

Loads of Lovely flies posted latly!

pure eycandy!

heres The Nicholson. Ps. this one i tied in the vise, not in hand.

Bearhug C

post-11348-1266919553_thumb.jpg

That fly is plain stunning Claudia. I lift my hat off for you (or whatever the equivilent is in english)

Wow sick flies Gustav! My favorites are the Hopper and the backwards parachute. Nice tying!!

Ditto on what Jan said. We have another talented youngster among us :headbang: What did you use for the wing case on the hopper? it looks great.

Wow sick flies Gustav! My favorites are the Hopper and the backwards parachute. Nice tying!!

Ditto on what Jan said. We have another talented youngster among us :headbang: What did you use for the wing case on the hopper? it looks great.

Many thanks Chuck! It's made from organza used for embroidery, coloured olive with a marker pen.

I still owe BigDaddyHub some soft hackles, and I've been getting back into the swing of things practicing on them today. I've always struggled with consistency on how I tie in the partridge feather on soft hackles, but I think I've finally settled on a method. In the thread 'Soft hackle question', rockworm posted a link to a step by step that shows the feather being tied in this way. It seems to work much better on partridge hackle if you're trying to achieve the swept back look with a small-ish head.

IMG_3811.JPG

wow gustav fantastic. I think the backwards parachute is great! is the eye of the hook suppose to sink while the parachute stays up so it imitates an emerging fly?

Dart- Great Soft Hackle on of my favorites!

Good job Gustav; I like your spider - that is some piece of clean work!

I got tied up in swaps again, so it was 15 wet March Browns for me today. It is said that tying in bulk is good for your soul.

I doubt that, but surely the last ones seemed neater and easier than the first. :)

wetswap.jpg

J.

wow gustav fantastic. I think the backwards parachute is great! is the eye of the hook suppose to sink while the parachute stays up so it imitates an emerging fly?

Thank you! Yup that's the point.

Good job Gustav; I like your spider - that is some piece of clean work!

I got tied up in swaps again, so it was 15 wet March Browns for me today. It is said that tying in bulk is good for your soul.

I doubt that, but surely the last ones seemed neater and easier than the first. :)

wetswap.jpg

J.

Glad you liked it :) Nice wet march by the way, did you hackle it with badger hen?

Some of my latest flies:

post-16415-1266955276_thumb.jpg post-16415-1266955282_thumb.jpg post-16415-1266955287_thumb.jpg post-16415-1266955296_thumb.jpg post-16415-1266955300_thumb.jpg

Don't mind the swedish.. :D

/Gustav

Those are gorgeous! It's the new vise isn't it? :lol:

j/k...

I saw your beautiful flies before when you only had a really nice vise! :)

David <><

I still owe BigDaddyHub some soft hackles, and I've been getting back into the swing of things practicing on them today. I've always struggled with consistency on how I tie in the partridge feather on soft hackles, but I think I've finally settled on a method. In the thread 'Soft hackle question', rockworm posted a link to a step by step that shows the feather being tied in this way. It seems to work much better on partridge hackle if you're trying to achieve the swept back look with a small-ish head.

IMG_3811.JPG

It sure is working for you. That is one beautiful fly!

David <><