Fly Tying
Claudia

Flies from the vice.

Nice flies Kevin, interesting consept on the bugger-n-baitfish one....

it just made sense, I was trying to find a way to piss fish off --- you know big fish eat's little fish, sort of thing. the way i figuerd it is that if big fish see's little fish trying to eat little leach, that big fish is goimg to eat someone. it does catch fish & thats the fun

here is a no f?ck - up photo of the 720 & my mess of a bench

Dude! I thought I was the only messy marvin around here! thanks for showing me that a messy bench works1

How funny, after another beautiful Indain summer day [again]. caught alot of fish alot. any way I got home and cleand my bench. Dout it would have happend if not for the need to find tools under scrap deer hair,

SWEEEEEEEEEEEET C........ LOVE THE PEARL....... some cool tying going on here GREAT JOB EVERY 1 :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Well been hunting lately so here is some of my work as of late

Rocky

Hi All Star tyers ( and Rocky ) lol

Some fine flies been posted and many new tyers. its a real treat.

hey Rocky hows hunting? have you laid any pray or Big foots this season? sick macaw and i love the green dee. you havent lost touch with your artistic side my friend. stay safe and say hi to your family from me.

Bearhug 2 ya all

C

post-11348-1257649086_thumb.jpg

post-11348-1257650648_thumb.jpg

Been tying alot of these:

Antsantsants1.jpg

This is one of my mid summer go to patterns when nothing seems to be happening on the river. It looks really nice. I don't know what it is but the parachute seems to be Money!

Antsantsants1.jpg

This is one of my mid summer go to patterns when nothing seems to be happening on the river. It looks really nice. I don't know what it is but the parachute seems to be Money!

looks like a ant to me. I'ld bet that little low-rider would get torn up by trout

This one is for you miss Claudia :)

PinkThing.jpg

Pink Thing Softy

And A CDC emerger

CDCEMERGER.jpg

I'm glad you guys like the ant :)

Jan

Antsantsants1.jpg

looks like a ant to me. I'ld bet that little low-rider would get torn up by trout

Rereading my post perhaps I wasn't clear what I was saying. Yes I know its an ant. I ment to say I don't know what it is about the parachute but it seems to be money. Its always been much more effective for me than the ants hackled around the abdomen.

This past summer at a church retreat I did A class/casting clinic on fly fishing in a overstocked trout pond. While talking about fly selection I was emphatic about how much trout love ants. The next day a spin casting buddy of mine went down the road to another pond and pulled in a beautiful 4 Lbs 20 inch brown trout caught on a gold and silver kastmaster. When we cleaned him at the cleaning table his gullet was filled with a few midge larvae, while 99.9 % of his gut was filled with ants! Out here in the high sierra's of Claifornia we get size 10 ants! They actual will make you bleed when they bite! They'll snap a toothpick in two like it was butter! This pic just reminded me of that and how important ants are in a guys fly box.

Antsantsants1.jpg

thought it was a trick question lol Parachuttes rock trout no doubt about it they sit below the minicus of the water and havr great leg imprints, Para Para rip the lip

SWEEEEEEEEEEEET C........ LOVE THE PEARL....... some cool tying going on here GREAT JOB EVERY 1 :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Well been hunting lately so here is some of my work as of late

Rocky

Hi All Star tyers ( and Rocky ) lol

Some fine flies been posted and many new tyers. its a real treat.

hey Rocky hows hunting? have you laid any pray or Big foots this season? sick macaw and i love the green dee. you havent lost touch with your artistic side my friend. stay safe and say hi to your family from me.

Bearhug 2 ya all

C

WOW C THE RIBBING AND BODY'S ARE SICK . STRONG USE OF COLORS AND AAA WINGS AWESOME WORK MY FRIEND

I was just took a 2nd look at the first fly you free styled the body and put a Frances Frances black doctor wing on it SO COOL?

Rocky

I have just returned from tying at the BFFI, a show in the UK. Here is one of the bugs I tied there

ed.jpg

ed_bottom.jpg

ED (Ephemera Danica)

Hook: Grip 14723BL #12

Thread: Benecchi 12/0, tan

Rib: Uni-thread 6/0, brown - doubled and twisted

Abdomen: CDC dubbing, light tan

Tail: Muskrat, guardhair and underfur - sparse

Thorax: Argentinean hair, dark grey and dark olive - mixed

Wing/head: Deer hair

Cheers,

Hans W