Fly Tying
lykos33

Fly tyers Dungeon

I just received my "Christmas Box" from the Mad Scientist at Fly Tyers Dungeon. All I have to say is ...WOW! If you are starting out in tying this is a GREAT way to get a nice stash...IMHO. I ended up with over 60 items in my box. That included different colors and variations of some things but OMG what a selection. My wife brought the box to me and asked who it was from. Without missing a beat or taking my eyes off the goodies I replied, "My new best friend!" When she asked me how much it was and I told her she said,"No way, You are scared to tell me!"So I showed her the Paypal invoice. She could'nt give me a hard time after that! Any newbies or oldies who have not looked at this site need to...www.flytyersdungeon.com. Now all I am waiting on is our great sponsor J. Stockard to get my "Hatches" magazines to me and I'll have a sweeeeett Christmas! :thumbup: :headbang:

I can hardly wait any longer to get mine. I ordered the christmas box and the congo hair kit. I just got an email from him that he will try to have it mailed out by this Friday.

What is this Christmas Box you guys are speaking of? I can't find it anywhere on the site.

About 2 weeks ago the website said the Christmas boxes were 98% sold (there was a graph). When I checked earlier this week, the link to the gift box was gone. The site did have a link to stocking stuffers though. From what I could tell, the stocking stuffers were about 1/2 the price and quantities of the gift box.

Phishtales

The Mad Scientist was taking stocking orders through 12/14 and shipping them out on 12/16. :clapping:

I'm watching for the mailman even as I type this. :bugeyes:

You cannot beat a flytyersdungeon deal; It just won't happen!! :boxing: :boxing:

I found FTD 2 days before the x-mas stuffer was ending and had to jump at the incredible offer! got all this for 15 shipped to my door! love it! he is my go to guy from now on! you don't even need this deal. everything on his site is a super deal! stuff you pay 5-7 bux for at the shop sells there for 1 dollar!

post-12314-1229736656_thumb.jpg

I just got olive,white,orange congo hair. a blend of chartreuse and kelly green congo hair, some congo hair/water silk blend in hot pink and silver baitfish. also got some small thin flash in silver and gold for use with congo hair bauitfish patterns all for 11 bux shipped!!! if i wanted one color of ep fibers I'd pay 6-7 bux plus shipping for one color!! I got 5 colors and 2 flashes for 11 bux!!!! you can't lose!!!

I could not agree more with what you all have said. All the materials I have ever gotten from FTD have been excellent. I have not ever been disappointed. It would be great if FTD carried a wide variety of hooks ( chemically sharpened Japanese hooks).

I'm convinced, all I need to get my fly tying supplies are two places...the Dungeon and J. Stockard. Ebay and the craft stores are just icing on me cake! :D

I got my X-mas box too, and it definitely rocks! What types of patterns has everyone been tying with the materials? I have been using the flash and a little of the dubbing, and I am going to try some EP patterns with the Congo Hair, Watersilk, etc. How about everyone else?

I bought some materials there the other day to try some things I saw or were suggested here on the forum. Havent received them yet, but am anxious for their arrival.

I looked on the site today and he is offering a box o stuff for $25 until January 10th. I ordered one and now just have to hope I get to the mail before my wife.