Fly Tying
mkankmike

You know you're tying to much when...

At the end of your trapline, you find your first bobcat of the year. A huge well-colored male that would bring top dollar, and you think, could you use bobcat belly for dubbing? How about a Hare(Eater)'s Ear Nymph? Few days later, you carry a skunk half a mile back to the truck to see how it ties, but your wife threatens bodily harm if you do not get rid of that da+n thing right now!!!

...you don't care about all the flies you lost while fishing.

...your friend tells you it is illegal to possess bald eagle feathers, grey wolf skins, panda hides and white rhino tail.

...your cat coughs up a fur ball and you save it.

...you don't care about what Rod Blagojevich did you just want to cut his hair off.

...you steal tools from your dentist! (He happens to be my father so I was allowed)

... you don't think what Michael Vick did was that bad. (Just Kidding!!!!!) :j_k:

you call the vet, and he asks "what material did he eat this time?"

How about calling the vet to see if he has any pets that have died! (I hope everyone has a sense of humor, and I hope your dog is ok)

when you move your stuff into the bathroom,cause you can't get off of the pot from a stomach virus.

<_< honest I have never done that.......yet.....

that you are told to clean off the table orI WILL by your GF... (trust me...YOU want to do the cleaning!)

That Muddler Minnows are in your nightmares saying..tie me...tie me!!!! knowing full well that you cant tie one to save your life

You wake up. grab a cup of coffee and sit on your hooks.( lesson learned..put the hooks on the table!)

When you run into a grizzly in the woods and taunt him into a fight.

There's a two percent chance you can live and get away with a fist full of his hair.

When you go to the barbers and check out all the colors and textures of hair on the floor.

When your girlfriend's cat coughs up a fur ball and you run up and grab it, putting it into your pocket...pre blended dubbing!!!

You dawn scuba gear in hopes of swimming up underneath a mallard...surprise attack.

You go to the pet shop to pick out a puppy and request a breed that sheds the most hair.

Your girlfriend keeps asking you where all of her dental floss is.

You begin to envy people with excessive body hair.

You have compulsive thoughts about Big Bird on Sesame Street.

Think about it.

post-18146-1233730529_thumb.jpg

When you run into a grizzly in the woods and taunt him into a fight.

There's a two percent chance you can live and get away with a fist full of his hair.

When you go to the barbers and check out all the colors and textures of hair on the floor.

When your girlfriend's cat coughs up a fur ball and you run up and grab it, putting it into your pocket...pre blended dubbing!!!

You dawn scuba gear in hopes of swimming up underneath a mallard...surprise attack.

You go to the pet shop to pick out a puppy and request a breed that sheds the most hair.

Your girlfriend keeps asking you where all of her dental floss is.

You begin to envy people with excessive body hair.

You have compulsive thoughts about Big Bird on Sesame Street.

Think about it.

post-18146-1233730529_thumb.jpg

Folks, I think we have a winner. "When your girlfriend's cat coughs up a fur ball and you run up and grab it, putting it into your pocket...pre blended dubbing!!!" I was drinking my coffee as I read Nav37's post and shot it out my nose I laughed so hard. Will, I think this post needs to be copied, lightly edited and passed out at shows and symposiums, it is a classic.

Cheers, Futzer.

Jeff, i always was suspicious about that shaplen you gave me for salmon flies and as i sit here eating sour gummy worms and drinking sunnyd while looking at the big bird picture, i think your guilty of illeagaly stealing his feathers. :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: if you go look at that shaplen then big bird, they look just like his feathers :hyst: :hyst:

Jeff, i always was suspicious about that shaplen you gave me for salmon flies and as i sit here eating sour gummy worms and drinking sunnyd while looking at the big bird picture, i think your guilty of illeagaly stealing his feathers. :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: if you go look at that shaplen then big bird, they look just like his feathers :hyst: :hyst:

Never turn your back on quality material, just hope quality material turns its back on you so you can pluck some. Cheers, Jeff.

Ha :hyst: maybe he can fly so we can accidently shootem and then tell the officials we thought he was a duck :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

Unless you are willing to eat big bird, keep him alive and pluck what you need, conservation tip. Wait I am talking about a kids cartoon character. I need some sleep. Cheers, Jeff.