Fly Tying

SmallieHunter's Smallmouth Fly Swap

There were no smallmouth in Okinawa. I'm in. Not sure what I'll tie yet. If I can come up with enough Spey Hackle maybe a Spey Fly. If not some sort of a minnow pattern.

Luvinbluegills

FlyFisher09

Ridderbos3

J.Johnson

Mozes

Artimus

Redneckfisherman

tdyette

Philly

3 to go...... headbang.gif

Irish glad to see you made it aboard! I got a feeling this is going to be an awesome swap.

Luvinbluegills

FlyFisher09

Ridderbos3

J.Johnson

Mozes

Artimus

Redneckfisherman

tdyette

Philly

Irish

2 more to go. Come on fellas let's fill it up headbang.gif

Just to let everyone know that I will be gone on vacation next week. So if you need my address or anything just wait until I get back. If you have any super important questions please direct them to OSD, he is gonna keep on eye on the swap while I'm gone.

My spey hackle is a bit scarce, so my swap pattern will be a minnow tied with blended Fuzzy Fiber.

Bassturd, you can have my slot if you want, I have a few too many irons in the fire. We can just let smallie know when he returns. Let me know first though.

john

OKay, so now that I have subscribed to this forum, I won't miss out on new swaps like this again. It looks like you folks already have your twelve. That is probably for the best as I know I am tying for one other swap on this board and I think I have promised to participate in another swap elsewhere. I just mailed off the flies for another swap last week.

And it looks like I am starting to "host" a regular (monthly) fly tying session at my local fly shop for the Illinois Smallmouth Alliance.

I knew when I started tying that I would jump into the deep end quickly. My wife is convinced I can't do any hobby "just a little bit". I figure anything worth doing is worth doing right. Besides, she says this is the only hobby I'm into that has a "creative" side to it.

If anyone has to drop out, let me know. If I can make the deadline, I may be able to fill the slot. I know I could come up with a dozen clousers. I still need to tie another dozon or so of the Madonna I learned two weeks ago. Still getting used to spinning deer hair and I've not quite got the proportions down yet. I would not submit the one's I tied last weekend to any swap.

More later,

Ken S.

I am going to drop from this swap so that either kschu or bassturd can have the slot. bassturd should have first dibs on it, but either one will do if you want to join the swap. If not let me no and I will stay in.

john

John I would be glad to take your place in this swap, thanks for letting me know

Bassturd

Jim McBrien

OKay, so Jim has filled the spot on the rotation. I'll be in the dugout waiting to see if anyone needs a pinch hitter. Will, drop me a note if anyone needs a sub.

Ken S.

Ken,

Unless any of the other swappers care I would be more than happy to open up one extra slot for you if you wanna get in.

If anyone has a problem with adding one other just let me know and Ken let me know if your interested so I can contact everyone.