Fly Tying
sidesfam

EP Turbo Poppers

Happy New Year Fella's,

I am looking for some input/advice on assembling the Enrico Puglisi Turbo Popper. I need to put together 25 of these flies and was curious if anyone had a good technique developed or some experience with tying them. I have reviewed the EP website and watched the video of Enrico building them. Its a pretty cool fly, I am tying them in 4/0 and 6/0 for an upcoming trip. Thanks in advance for any help.

It looks pretty easy although Id try a aluminum tube rather than the wire gizmo.

and was curious if anyone had a good technique developed or some experience with tying them. I have reviewed the EP website and watched the video of Enrico building them.

Thank you steelie, (fellow dudester?) again, I was looking for the little tricks one might develop having tied some already. ;)

I can't seem to get the video on his site to play. I have Quicktime, and it is up to date, but nothing plays. Any help?

I can't seem to get the video on his site to play. I have Quicktime, and it is up to date, but nothing plays. Any help?

The link comes up and plays for me Terry and I have QT as well. Sorry I can't offer more.

I have Quicktime, and it is up to date, but nothing plays. Any help?

It looks like it needs Flash to play as well. Might want to check if your browser has the plugin for it.

Good Day,

Terry, even with QT and Flash, sometimes it will depend on your processor's speed. If it is an older processor (say Pentium II) you might have some difficulty as the processor simply cannot handle the information. Making sure you have enough memory free can also be an issue, but more so the processor.

Steelie

I don't know. I think it just hates me :rolleyes: . I never have trouble viewing videos elsewhere on the web. I'll try it on a different PC later and see what happens. Thanks for the tips.

From the pictures I have seen it looks like the popper portion of the fly is glued to/tied onto a barrell swivel which is attached to a dressed hook via a snap ring. If anyone can clear this up or verify it for me I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Terry

Good Day,

Spinner wire. It appears to be spinner wire with loops bent/formed on either end and wrapped with chenille. Then one split ring to the hook.

Steelie

above mention by Steelie is correct. It is spinner wire, although I have one and was in the process of making my own but I have yet to catch anything on them and they are really hard to cast compared to my own made flies. So I have not even bothered with it lately.