Fly Tying
dwiltshire

Clippered Emerging Buzzer

I have been bitten by the emerger bug since the end of last season. Such is the vulnerability of this stage, it plays such a huge role in my catches. If fish are rising, I find a well fished emerger pattern will more successful than a 'fully-dry' dun pattern. I grant you that the emerger gives me more confidence - therefore I fish it more - therefore it brings me continued results... and on, and on...

This is a pattern I have started to trust. I like the profile (being so thin) and the footprint is very soft in the surface film.

DSC_1149.jpg

Recipe and tying instructions are on my blog: http://davewiltshireflytying.blogspot.com/

Cheers,

Dave.

Sparse and very buggy, Kid tested, Mother approved, Futzer.

Interesting, am curious now about the other versions. Nice flies on your blog, also - particularly like the baetis soft hackles.

Michael

I have just started to fish emergers and they are absolutely deadly! If the fish are rising and aren't taking dries then they will almost certainly take your emerger.

Many thanks.

Interesting, am curious now about the other versions. Nice flies on your blog, also - particularly like the baetis soft hackles.

Michael

I'll tryto post some other version in the near future ;)