Fly Tying
Futzer

Futzer's Blue Damsel Adult

Lookin' good! Is that ostrich for the wings? I've always wondered how to do extended bodies... any tips?

Lookin' good! Is that ostrich for the wings? I've always wondered how to do extended bodies... any tips?

It is full sized white cdc feathers trimmed narrow. Figured you needed something other than a Wulff to look at. Dye the braided leader in in Rit dye, and make the black hashes with a sharpie pen. There is a play by play of photos too. This it the easiest ext body there is.

Cheers Futzer.

It is full sized white cdc feathers trimmed narrow. Figured you needed something other than a Wulff to look at. Dye the braided leader in in Rit dye, and make the black hashes with a sharpie pen. There is a play by play of photos too. This it the easiest ext body there is.

Cheers Futzer.

I don't know Futz the pre-made extended bodies at the fly shops are pretty easy. :j_k:

Good looking fly and nice job on all the detail.

Cheers Futzer.

I don't know Futz the pre-made extended bodies at the fly shops are pretty easy. :j_k:

Good looking fly and nice job on all the detail.

Thanks Oldhat, you don't get quite the right bluish grey green blue with the premade stuff. I also thought you might like the glow in the dark flash running through the body. Cheers, Jeff

Yes it's a very nice touch. I'm going to have to try a couple of these. I have never had luck fishing damsel dries. I've caught all kinds of fish on nymphs but I don't think I have ever caught one on an adult. Although I know many fly fishers who have. :dunno: