Fly Tying
Futzer

Futzer's Inv. Hook Calibaetis

I tied this one for Dart and Service Tech, now that you've gotten so good, right side up, time to flip em over. Hope you enjoy, they are pretty easy to tie.

Cheers, Futzer.

I like that one its nice bet itll float good

And it is going in your swap box, so you will get to fish it, Jeff.

Lookin' good, Futz! I'll have to give that one a try. Are there particular advantages by having the inverted hook point?

Lookin' good, Futz! I'll have to give that one a try. Are there particular advantages by having the inverted hook point?

Stealth, and bragging rights at the fly shop, :-) Jeff.

Fuzter, I like your fly and the comments about stealth and bragging rights. I have one question though: will the tail keep afloat? I do not have much experience with inverted hook patterns, but on normal tie I aim for a bit more substantial tailings. The rear half of fly is usually heavier than front (you have the weight of the hook bend) and I use good bunch of tail for structural rather then imitative purposes.

I tried tying mayflies with 3 fibres and stones with 2 after I read about how no sane person would jump into water to rescue a 3 handed kid from drowning, but it was real pain when actual fishing.

Fuzter, I like your fly and the comments about stealth and bragging rights. I have one question though: will the tail keep afloat? I do not have much experience with inverted hook patterns, but on normal tie I aim for a bit more substantial tailings. The rear half of fly is usually heavier than front (you have the weight of the hook bend) and I use good bunch of tail for structural rather then imitative purposes.

I tried tying mayflies with 3 fibres and stones with 2 after I read about how no sane person would jump into water to rescue a 3 handed kid from drowning, but it was real pain when actual fishing.

Hi Firetiger, you are correct. This one was tied for the photo. The ones I fish I use micro-fibets and two of those seem to work well, if it is faster water I double the split tail to 4 fibets.

Thanks, Jeff.

Hi Firetiger, you are correct. This one was tied for the photo. The ones I fish I use micro-fibets and two of those seem to work well, if it is faster water I double the split tail to 4 fibets.

And what a nice photo it is! :yahoo: cheers!

Thanks, me and my brownie cam get lucky sometimes :rolleyes: Cheers, Jeff.