Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Futzer

Nano midge

Just plain ole insanity let me guess size 32? That is one amazing piece of work my friend:headbang:

Yessir, it is a 32, but I tie them from 12 to 32. Hebgen Lake has midges up to a size 10, yes 10, and those I tie more realistically. I should probably send Day5 Matt a couple dozen for him to hand out to clients :rolleyes:

Cheers, Jeff.

Cool !

I've tied a couple of 32's, but usually with 2 materials. Tying on and winding a biot and a soft hackle feather must be a challenge.....

:headbang:

Cool !

I've tied a couple of 32's, but usually with 2 materials. Tying on and winding a biot and a soft hackle feather must be a challenge.....

:headbang:

Just takes a little tiny practice, :rolleyes: Also since it is so small, the hackle is laid in rather than wound on. Thanks, Jeff.

Insane

Come on out sometime Bruce, nothing like a 20" + trout on a 32 to keep you honest Cheers, Jeff.

PS, all you full dress salmon tyers that want to learn thread control, tie lies with 12 wraps of thread or less :-)

gotta love the 32's. I use them quite frequently when fishing the Elk River here in WV. most are simply cdc and thread. We have a hatch in late summer that we call "the white ghosts". It is crazy when those are coming off almost looks like it is snowing. Will try and find a pic that I took during the hatch.

If I neede a size 32, or anything smaller than a 24...I just buy them. My bench and vise can`t take my abuse when tying that small. Great work and my hat is off to anyone who can tie that small...and like it.

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

the hackle is laid in rather than wound on

I thought I detected that in the picture, but I didn't want to seem "picky' about it.....

Still a great tie....

:P

You must be into S&M or something. That just looks painful. How big is your magnifying glass?

Jeremy