Fly Tying

For you dog owners

Steelheader sounds like my lab Pepper except she likes to curl up under the blanket wrapped around my feet.

She's a registered AKC lab who I adopted about a year ago. My brother in law works with a guy who turned his father in law into the authorities for animal cruelty. His father in law owned and ran a kennel for Labs and he tried to get her to be a field trialer but she always seemed to just want to play so he beat her and stuffed her in a cage, and then basically used her for a puppy mill.

Man I tell you when I got her I thought she wasn't even a year old (turns out she was 4) she was so small (stunted from being in the cage) and nothing but hair with no underfur. I still remember lifting her out of the truck cause she was so afraid of it. A friend who is a vet gave her the first checkup and updated shots for free and I tell you I thought he would cry after he saw some of the scars from all the beatings she'd had. Had her fixed and gave her plenty of tender loving care.

Well let me tell you less than a year later she doesn't even look like she did when I got her. She's still little but that's okay and finally has a full coat of fur, loves to run and play with her ball and now you can't keep her out of the car she loves to ride and loves to go in the water (except for her baths, go figure) is the biggest sweet heart and well behaved most of the time, she's a lab what you gonna do LOL. Don't know what I'd do without her.

Fatman

Fatman:

Thanks, now I am crying at my desk. I am a bid dog and Lab lover. Let me know where to find that SOB.

I say string him up. I'd gladly take a few wacks at him.

I've always had AKC labs. Had one (and ONLY one) that wasn't. Whatever it was bred with (though they said she was AKC w/papers) really screwed her up. I had to put her down because of tons of problems. Plus, you could tell as she got older there was something else mixed with her. But Kody is my 3rd AKC registered lab in my life (since most of my dogs have lived into their mid teens). He was actually the runt of the litter. I'd hate to see what his brothers and sisters are like. He's a big dog, and weighs 90#'s (all muscle too). Typicle lab. Always wants to please, and always ready to play. I love to roughhouse with him, and he enjoys it too. I can tell when he's ready to roughhouse, he'll come up to me and mouth my wrist and pull on it. Then when I get on the floor he gets in his "pounce" stance with his butt way up in the air and his feet sprawled out. Can't see how anyone can abuse a lab. So loyal and trusting, hard to do something bad to them.

Glad to say the kennel he owned is shut down and he is in jail, had mulitple counts against him. I still say string him up.

Fatman

Finally!

I'm lab. I suppose they're not light years different in personality from my German Shorthair Pointers.

Here's a picture of Casper. He's an Australian Shepard and is a great guard dog and let's Jakob rough house him quite a bit without even flinching. He's very lazy and doesn't like to play much rolleyes.gif

post-3-1089943388.jpg

Aww, everyone's dogs are so cute! I love dogs and all animals!

There is nothing better then coming home from a long, hard day and being greeted at the door by a wagging tail. Dogs don't hold grudges, they always want to play and best of all, they are always there for you.

My dog is kind of weird, she loves males and hardly even pays attention to me! But, when I am sad and she sees it she will be there for me, wanting me to scratch her belly and showing she is thankful that I take care of her.

Here is a pic of my sister's dog, Gryphon (female, weird name, I know, half schnauzer, who knows what else) and Skylar (Mini Schnauzer), I call her Squizzles.

user posted image

LOL! I was a Doberman, no wonder me and my dog relate to one another. My wife and I got our Dobie - Peyton from an animal shelter in West Virginia. The shelter worker told us he was brought there, because his owners couldn't devote the time to care for him. Since my wife works from home that was pefect. He is a wonderful addition to the family. Today, he is 11 months old and 80#, hard to believe he is still considered a puppy!!! He's very playful and full of energy. But, he also has a sweet side and he loves to sleep with Mom and Dad. Unfortunately a queen size bed isn't big enough. We got him a bed, but he still fusses and will bark to get attention. We usually give in, because its 3:00AM and he'll flop in between us. I guess it's time for a king size bed!!

post-3-1090068458.jpg

Steel Junkie:

Not enough room for the three of you and you have a queen size bed?????? We had a double for the longest time and there was room for the two of us including our 120 lbs Rotti!!! Three bubbles become one laugh.gif . For us it enforces the pack bonding, and love. Now he jumps on the bed for about 10 mins, then goes and sleeps on the floor watching the door. God I love my puppy!!!!

I turned out to be a lab as well. I have had a lab/greyhound mix (mutt if you like) for almost 10 yrs. now. He is the best and good dog.

Fatman, good job on helping out that dog - good for you clapping.gif

Karin and Nick, I know you should go and get the dog. Or, you could inquire about some services that certain people do for a price. wink.gif