Fly Tying
Barry Kent

Sarah Palin (Alaskan Beauty)

Hi Barry, I can't see Russia from my porch or your fly pic. Cheers Futzer.

But why name it after Sarah Palin?

Because shes a hottie.. <_< ....in a naughty librarian sort of way.......I think..... :blink:

hmmmmm.... last night I posted "I thought the fish is the one thats suppose to have the brain the size of a pea, not the fly" but it seems to have gotten erased somehow?? now thats republican'ism at its best! lol. thats ok tho. noone has to listen to me to see that woman is a character. nice fly tho and a great tie! u shouldn't sell the fly short I'd name it something like the "presidential paradise" fly or the "yes we can catch a fish" fly. the "sarah palin" fly is kinda plain... at least call it the "say it ain't so joe" fly! now that sounds way better!!! haha!!! I am jk with ya man! thats a great great tie! I wish I could tie that good!!!

I think the point was that they do not want us babbling on about politics. I want to make a pea brain comment but ill refrain

I was just kidding about the whole thing. you didn't have to pm me and explain why ya called it that. I wasn't trying to start anything political at all. if anyone started a political debate it was this guy naming his fly after a political person and posting on a forum knowing people would joke about it. if I really wanted to be political I would just name this one fly I use all the time for steelies "obama" cause it slays steelies just as hard as he slayed good ol j mac in the election. now that would be political!!! haha lmao! like I said tho I don't care who or what you name a fly after. but if I named my fly something like that I would expect people to joke about it. great tie tho! better than what I could do

Hahaha, you guys are great! When it comes to naming a fly after a prominent political figure it was a smart move on Barry's part, his fly has 478 views, so far. Fishaholic69 is right about the name connection, in terms of who is to blame for initiating an unintentional political discussion. What did you expect would happen? There are 20178 registered members on this forum some with different political views than the rest of us. When was the last time you guys remember politics not inciting some sort of discussion? Especially after someone makes a comment that you don't agree with! When a post is made that might be construed as a personal attack it is grounds for removal, but that was not the case here. The post was made, merely as joke to a name that by itself allows for discussion and comical lampooning. The post was just not well thought out on how it would be taken. In addition, by removing the post, the political discussion flame was fueled, even more. I am as conservative as they come and I don't care what it's called, if it catches fish I'll use it. Nice fly Barry, here is to 1,000 views.

Right now I'm working on the "entitlement fly" its free to all of thoes out there who do not try and fail! Then Ill tie the "moron fly" for thoes of us who bust our hump to make it on our own. Ill charge 100 bucks for that one.

Thats sarcasim by the way...

day5, oatka told me to pass on the word to you that he'll take a dozen of them 100 buck fly's. he was mumblin something about they'd work well in front of the MacDonalds thats right next to ripleys believe it or not in down town gatlingberg this summer.

Bud