Fly Tying
Silverfishflies

A Small Spate of Speys

There has been a wonderful posting of spey flies recently, and as one of the admirers, I would like to thank all of you for your excellent additions to my pattern base.

Tobbe, your shrimp for "Miss C" is a gem, and Rex Hunt's flowing "Grey Spey" reminds me of the classic eagle patterns. Frank, always produces a quality fly and his Glasso "Heron" is no exception. I have had the pleasure of tying with Frank at a local flyshop, and he is always a crowd pleaser with his myriad steelhead spey selections.

Just this morning I received several photos of a remarkable selection of tube spey flies developed from both the Intruder & Schumakov styles, by my friend & west coast steelheader, Stuart Anderson. Stuart's flies are always unique, and his knowledge of the tube fly is exhaustive. I am jealously posting these, wishing they were mine.

Stuart, by the way, is the prime mover behind The Canadian Tube Fly Company (www.canadiantubeflies.com) and his site is loaded with flies materials & free information for those delving into the "Dark Side".

post-3131-1235057389_thumb.jpgpost-3131-1235057760_thumb.jpg