Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Paul vd Driesche

Hellgrammite

post-3131-1236097485_thumb.jpg

Hey Paul,

How have you been? I just heard from Ad & the Fly Fair will be moving near to his house next year.

I have been bitten by a Dobsonfly larva just like that one - hurts too, the voracious little b*&^%$#s! Jason Neuswanger has a load of great photos in interesting & detailed poses of all sorts of bugs on www.troutnut.com. I've included a shot that looks like your bug's brother!

Another great job from the Dutch Bugmaster!

Best regards,

Steve

Thnx Steve,

Good to hear from you....It's been a while ;) Well for the fly fair....Good thing we will have a next one. No doubt it will be big fun like always.

Troutnut is my number 1 source for pics of things I will probably never see in real life. Most of my details are thnx to these pics.

Greets Paul.

Hey Guys,

The latest adition to my realistic work. I got all my information from the web so I would really like some reactions from people that have seen these things live. I read they can grow up to 4 inches!! This one is almost 3.

Complicated critter but fun to make.......if you have like 40 or 50 hours to spare ;)

Let me know waht you think......oh and no need to concider my feelings....I prefer some honest reactions ;)

Greets Paul

Hellgrammite1.jpg

Hellgrammite2.jpg

from someone who has seigned and fished many "grampus"here in WV,I can tell you that that helgramite is almost as good as you can get it.Great job.

iso18 shane

Great Job,

It looked so great , that at first glance I thought you were messing with us. :thumbsup:

I fished with them for many years and that looks just like the ones that pinched the hell out of my fingers, quite a few times.

:headbang:

Leaky

Paul: that is about the best hellgrammite that I have ever seen and take it from me, I have seen allot of these mean little buggers made here in Pa. I have also had a few of them dragons land on my neck in the dark along Penns Creek Pa. You would think a bat just got you, yea I jump every time. :blink:

Thank you all,

I'm really happy with the fact that everybody who knows these bugs from real life fishing situations seems to think that it looks good. :yahoo: One thing that "bugs" me though....ISO18 said it is "almost" as good as you can get it. I do think there is room for some improvement but I have to work out some details. If I succeed I might just be able to get it a little better....mostly on the gills.

Greets Paul.

Hi Paul

Here if you can use the terms wow or awesome without any problem, it's comforting to see this level of tying. Best Regards Terrome