Fly Tying
airedale

How Many Flies are in Your Collection?

How Many Flies do You Have?  

294 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm at somewhere between 300 to 400, I recently finished culling bad flies (rusted hooks,no tails, messed up hackle) I was able to repair many but I thru out maybe 50 flies. In the winter I work on tying my basic patterns about 15 patterns that are tryed and true for me. These are mainly year round or most of the year flys. I tye as needed for the hatches I fish or special occurrences (like white Woolly Buggers for some of the tailrace shad kills)

I tie as I need them. I have a bunch of store bought flies that I picked up over the summer when my local Walmart remodeled and decided to get out of the fly biz. I bought every fly they had at a price I coundn't refuse! Most are small dry flies, that may see some use to tease the local panfish population.The rest I am hanging onto til I can get further north and try to catch some trout. I was surprised and happy when they put out the Hoppers on the sale shelf! They are killer! I have a 100 of just those.

I am pretty new to tying so have somewhere between 75-100 flies that I could hit the water with tomorrow. If there were any water because currently its all ice. Starting to get a lot better in my skills and have picked out about 25 patterns that I am going to really focus on. Wanting to tye up 6-12 of each pattern and some in various colors so my numbers will grow. After that my wife can only hope I ran out of materials and I will be fishing until I run out.