Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cochran

Been away for awhile

I haven’t been around for a few years but I was more than delighted to find this photography forum here. I used to be a rather obsessed fly-fisher and fly-tyer but decided that I needed to take a break from it for awhile.

Landscape photography is not my strong point, nor is it what I get paid to do so, I don’t have many landscape shots in my portfolio and even fewer in my book. Nonetheless, thought that I would share a few river scenes, with a reintroduction of myself to this site. I know a few of the members already and look forward to meeting and getting to know more of you.

these aren't the greatest but I didn't think that I would bore you with my other stuff. :)

Foggy_River.jpg

Intothenight.jpg

Competiting_kelvin.jpg

Thanks Peterjay, I don't get a lot of time for landscape photography and I am more to the dark kind of a guy :) I need to get out and do more landscape though.

Really liking the 'mood' of the second and third capture, especially the second, very nice B)

Hi Ben,

Awesome shots! Good job! We didn't know you were into photography. Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Gretchen & Al Beatty

www.btsflyfishing.com

Im with Hounddog and like the 2nd as the favorite. :) Like you I like the darker look and feel. Keep them coming!

Thanks everyone, the second one was my favorite. I reshot the first one for a cover shot and liked it better on the translated book so.. it kind of stepped on the second one lol. The last one prints out at 42" wide and I was fortunate enough to sell it for Adobe Training Center, just had a passion for conflicting Kelvins and got lucky :)

Thanks for your reply's and here is the tear sheet, of the first photograph, on a translated version of a murder mystery novel published in the Baltic.

kilnusFINAL.jpg