Fly Tying
day5

Twisted Critter

I can see this fly doing damage on carp and smallies this summer. The engineering is about perfect The hook lands and points exactly the way I wanted it to. Its a slick hook Daiichi 1870. They are tough to find but have a great nymph shape. Also when inverted the hook point rides high perfect for the hoover action of the carp. The brush is 3/4 inch cut farrars sf flash blend in rainbow color. I added this fly and the creepeth craw to my web site today.

Its becoming obvious to me very quickly that making brushes with dubbin and other materials is a HUGE advancement in application of materials. Ill be using alot more brushes in my flies!

Those are nice Matt. Change the legs and tail to chartruse and I can limit on largemouth before I launch my boat. Great tie.

Fred

Color combos are limitless. Im going for a molting craw look with the color changes. Not that I think any fish cares as long as it naturally moves on the bottom its gonna get eatin.

Awesome pattern, Matt! :thumbup: :punk: I can see this working on lots of different species. I love the look of the dubbing brush body. I am not familiar with "farrars sf flash blend". Looks like interesting stuff. It kind of reminds me of the one of the dubbings from the Mad Scientist (Peacock Dubbing), but your stuff looks longer. Pretty cool.

Awesome pattern, Matt! :thumbup: :punk: I can see this working on lots of different species. I love the look of the dubbing brush body. I am not familiar with "farrars sf flash blend". Looks like interesting stuff. It kind of reminds me of the one of the dubbings from the Mad Scientist (Peacock Dubbing), but your stuff looks longer. Pretty cool.

Its a lot longer It comes on 12 in hanks like ep. I cut it to 3/4s inch and but it in the brush maker.

I've been making note of the patterns you submit....gonna be using alot of your stuff this season!! Think that would produce nice fish when bounced in the riffles...look out smallies!

What is the diachi # for that hoook I didn't see it in the recipe and I'm getting ready to order a ton of hooks.

Steve

What is the diachi # for that hoook I didn't see it in the recipe and I'm getting ready to order a ton of hooks.

Steve

daiichi 1870 its a great nymph hook as well.