Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
njmagill

book?????

i was out fishing today and it got really windy so i decided to go for a walk. i ran into an older man and he fly fished too and was asking about ware i fish and so on, but he mentioned a book that told you ware trout streams were and how to get to them..........i cant remember the name of the book

p.s. i live in pa if thats any help

i was out fishing today and it got really windy so i decided to go for a walk. i ran into an older man and he fly fished too and was asking about ware i fish and so on, but he mentioned a book that told you ware trout streams were and how to get to them..........i cant remember the name of the book

p.s. i live in pa if thats any help

I dont know if it was the book he was talking about but there is a book "Trout Streams of Pennsylvania" by Dwight Landis. I believe there is another one but I am not 100% sure of the name. It was Top 10 Trout streams of PA or something to that affect. Both Borders and Barnes and Nobles usually have one of these two books in stock when I am in there. I usually just use the P.F.B.C. website to find the streams.

There are other books that give similar information. "Pennsylvania Trout Streams And Their Hatches" by Charles Meck, and "Mid-Atlantic Budget Angler" by Ann McIntosh both give details on PA streams. The McIntosh book covers DE, MD, NJ, PA, VA & W VA.

Also not sure where in PA you are looking for Streams but if you want send me a PM and I can give you directions to several in SW PA, anything other than those I need a map myself.

well im from the Harrisburg area if thats close?

Sorry but I dont know too much East of Bedford or the Happy Valley area. I know the Susquehanna has some really good tributaries but I dont know which ones for sure.