Fly Tying
Guest TroutBum

What Vise do you use?

What is your primary vise?  

3,238 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've used a renzetti vise for the past 8-9 years and have never had a problem with it,been a good vise for me.

SD

I got my first Renzetti back in the 70's, I had it redone 2 years ago. It is fantastic.. :D

Renzetti traveller for trout flys and the Classic Vise for Salmon and Steelhead flys.

PS - something about the Renzetti that makes it soooo comfortable to tie on

Hi.

I use a "cheap" Regal copy. It's good for holding flies, but if it's a 360 vise you wan't then this is not the best. Sure you can rotate it, but it's just not effective at it.

At the moment it's the only vise i have and the only one i have used in my about 1 year carrer as a fly tyier :-)

Tom,

Nice new toy, a great choice IMHO.

The Ultimate Indexer is a great vise. Had a Renzetti Presentation 4000 .Now the boys use that one . Renzetti Presentation 4000 is a nice vise.... BUT JUST NOT Built with the same quality as the DYNA-KING.. And for the PRICE you can not beat it. I think for pound for pound you can not get a better vise! BUT with said LOL i would like to get the LAW vise :) I just want one :)

Regal just sent back replacement Revolution saltwater jaws that had somehow spread apart at the tip where they would barely hold a #10 hook. The old jaws had 3 hook grooves & Regal has an upgrade with a 2 hook groove saltwater jaw. Holds a #22 just as well as a Gama SC15-2H 3/0.

post-30681-0-80437000-1329419885_thumb.jpg

Renzetti Master Vise, it was far too expensive but I do love tying on it. Had to put foam in the pedestal indentions because I got tired of scraping off epoxy drips.