Fly Tying
Guest TroutBum

What Vise do you use?

What is your primary vise?  

3,238 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

re: Pamola sightings... like the abominable snowman, they appear every now and then... $300 to $450 [give or take] depending...

F70A1275_zpsea02619b.jpg
F70A1274_zpsc3c29282.jpg

Love my Regal for my big flys, bass sz 1,4/0, but the Renzetti is a delight to tie anything smaller on. The only thing that I dont like about the Renzetti is that it is to short.

I had an inexpensive Thompson for a lot of years. Recently upgraded a bit to an Anvil Atlas. It's way better than what I had but has a couple minor shortcomings. One is that the post turns on me when I bear down a bit. The knurled nob to tighten the post onto the base doesn't seem to gett it tight enough unless I get a pair of channel locks on it.

I have been using a custom made vice for some years now, including a quick change barrel for tube flies, this takes the 3 sizes of tube that i use. All are non standard...... It is also a true rotary....

... It will take from 22/24's up to big Salmon irons by changing the jaws...It was pricy but I don't know what i would do without it now...

Red Tag

I use a Nor-vise. I've had a Renzetti saltwater, Dyna King Barracuda, HMH Spartan and a Renzetti apprentice. I love my Nor-vise. It's the best vice a ever tide on in my opinion.

Well. I still use an older, cast clamp Thompson Pro (Model A with a slightly "nicer" fit and finish). I purchased a Xuron from St. Simon's, and the people there were wonderful folks, but I just do not like that vise as well as my model A. The vise is a bit too "short" for me to tie comfortably on, so, for the forseeable future, it is still this guy. I have owned vises beside this one... I just cannot see a reason to keep any of them!

p5240021h.jpg

I started out w/a Griffin Superior 1A (which I still have have 25 years of tying, and still appreciate a lot), but now I tie on a Renzetti Traveler 2000. I like certain aspects of both.