Fly Tying
jrmartino

Best places to sell flies

I've been tying for a while now and was just wondering if any of you sell your flies, or if their just for personal use? If you do sell how and where to do it? I've basically just been looking at ebay so far. I'm talking internet only.

I've been selling my mine down at the whorehouse where I play piano to make a few extra bucks on the weekend. :lol: :lol: :D :D

I would say you have to start with Ebay and then depending on your uptake you might be able to put your own website up.

I am fortunate enough to have a fiance that knows a lot about website design and so I'll soon have a personal website to sell my flies and other things. I also tie for a local fly shop. I would say eBay would be a good place to start. It seems like a lot of tyers go that route.

Sounds good. I'm not to tech savy so I'll probable stick with ebay for a while and maybe get my own website when I can design one and learn to tie a lot of different flies well. thanks a lot.

Not trying to bust anyone's bubble, but if you start tying & selling flies on Ebay or other websites, that makes you a manufacturer, and your flies are then subject to Federal excise tax, which you will be required to pay to the infernal revenue. It's a manufacturers tax, and the IRS does look for such things, and considers fly tiers as manufacturers if you're selling flies commercially, so don't get yourselves in trouble. Hobby tying is one thing, commercial tying another! There's a lot more to selling flies than most people realize! :wallbash:

Don't know about ebay but Im gonna sell some flies for some $ at a garage sale :lol: :ban: :yahoo:

Your supposed to claim any money made at a garage sale on your taxes, technically.

Jeremy

Taxes Suck! But how else will the next 10 generations pay off all the new debt?

Taxes Suck! But how else will the next 10 generations pay off all the new debt?

They'll just print more money :)

Garage sale is over and the profit is $20, just thought id mention it
these me

I hope the ppl in washington dont read this forum or youll have to send 15.oo of that profit for the national debt

Good Day,

Matt - wise beyond your years my friend...

Ebay, fly shops, and so on... but keep in mind any fly/sporting shows in your area. Most allow guest tyers to sell things like flies at shows. This can also be a good way to develop a clientelle list.

Steelie