Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Student4evr

Stone Flies WET OR DRY!!

Can I join in? I'd like to do a yellow sallie dry fly in a 16 size.

Thanks,

JohnR

I guess we're locked in at 12 now, I would've liked to see JohnR get in and submit his size 16 sally, but if horseshoes has already mailed his off I guess he's SOL! bummer I'll be doin a hopper swap in about 3 weeks so JohnR if you want I will hold a spot for ya if your feel like jumpin in, get it? HA HA AHA AHAHA. uhhhh.

I guess we're locked in at 12 now, I would've liked to see JohnR get in and submit his size 16 sally, but if horseshoes has already mailed his off I guess he's SOL! bummer I'll be doin a hopper swap in about 3 weeks so JohnR if you want I will hold a spot for ya if your feel like jumpin in, get it? HA HA AHA AHAHA. uhhhh.

If a spot is needed JohnR can have mine, I have way too many stones already. flytyinfreak I would like to get in on the hopper swap when you start it.

I wasn't sure I could count to 12 or not. :dunno:

Sure, hold me a spot in that hopper swap. I'll pounce on it. :lol:

JohnR

If a spot is needed JohnR can have mine, I have way too many stones already. flytyinfreak I would like to get in on the hopper swap when you start it.

I appreciate that! But, I also hate to displace anyone from a swap especially when you got there first.

JohnR

I appreciate that! But, I also hate to displace anyone from a swap especially when you got there first.

JohnR

John welcome to your first swap, I'm offically out.

WOW! very cool of you Ibian! I have you and JohnR on my hopper swap ( with bonuses because you two are exhibiting such excellent tyemanship and esprit de corp)when it kicks off at the end of my CDC swap. the CDC swap due date is the 15th of May so it'll officially kick off on the 16/17th whenever i get a chance to post it. I'll let you guys know what kind of freaky rules i put on the hopper swap.

John welcome to your first swap, I'm officially out.

Thanks ibian, I really appreciate it!

JohnR

OK OK OK OK we have a solution. :thumbup: It's called a bakers dozen. If Horseshoes wants to tie and send an extra I will make sure his stocking is full at xmass or at least when the swap is done. If not, I will make up the difference. I liked the flies IBIAN did in my choronomid swap.

Other than that .....This swap IS closed!!!!!

Frank aka Student4evr

And by the way flytyingfreak count me in for the hopperswap!!!

Thanks guy's, I'll tie up something special for ya then. I am horrible with naming things but these suckers are fish magnets.

Cool Beans! I like the way this all turned out. I will add student4life when the hopper swap starts. Now then, what was I tying? Oh yah Ghost stones! Yah, that's the ticket! Pearlescent sili-skin abdomen, with pearl ice dub thorax and some biot legs with a nice brass or copper beadhead. If you have ever seen pictures of a freshly molted Stonefly at the beginning fo an instar then you get my idea. will post a pic when I get a few tied up, right now i have (pardon the pun) bigger fish to fry; Season opener is day after tomorrow! I am headed for the mountains with a bunch of stoneflies, smaller nymphs and big ole streamers, of course I'll bring some BWO's and maybe a few dry Stone patterns but for the most part it'll be those stones and buggers that will do the damage this weekend. tight lines all! I'm like a bad belly button,,,, we outty!