Fly Tying
bigdewy

Stillwater Swap - Due Date 5/30

tied my 12 and an extra one for you. should be mailed tomorrow or the next day. rich mc

Thanks Rich! hexer.gif

I'm in with the Eagle Lake Chili Troll

Hey Big D

Almost done. Will mail Next Wed. at the latest. Now these flys look puffy until they get wet and then they imitate chubs or minnows. Sorry for being slow but am still recoviering from Rotor cuff surgery from JAN. It is a trip tying with only one good hand and a finger. These flys are Trolled at least 25-50 yards behind the boat at 1/2MPH. Move your rod in slow figure eight patterns. Tried them out at Davis yesterday and did real well for not knowing the lake. CandR'd over 10 smaller (12=14") and one 3-4lber. I use a 5w St Croix and a St Croix 9' UL Salmon rod with leadcore to get the fly deep. Also use a plastic disc that eliminates having to move the rod as it makes the fly wobble and weave.

Heading for Eagle Lake Friday Am and will return Tuesday or Wed. Going to "ruff" it in a 2 bdrm cabin with kitchen, micro, disc TV, cleaning table, Hope to get some pictures for the forum and swappers.

Tightlines

Jim

I'm in with the Eagle Lake Chili Troll

Hey Big D

Almost done. Will mail Next Wed. at the latest. Now these flys look puffy until they get wet and then they imitate chubs or minnows. Sorry for being slow but am still recoviering from Rotor cuff surgery from JAN. It is a trip tying with only one good hand and a finger. These flys are Trolled at least 25-50 yards behind the boat at 1/2MPH. Move your rod in slow figure eight patterns. Tried them out at Davis yesterday and did real well for not knowing the lake. CandR'd over 10 smaller (12=14") and one 3-4lber. I use a 5w St Croix and a St Croix 9' UL Salmon rod with leadcore to get the fly deep. Also use a plastic disc that eliminates having to move the rod as it makes the fly wobble and weave.

Heading for Eagle Lake Friday Am and will return Tuesday or Wed. Going to "ruff" it in a 2 bdrm cabin with kitchen, micro, disc TV, cleaning table, Hope to get some pictures for the forum and swappers.

Tightlines

Jim

Thanks Jim for the status report and for the info on Davis Lake. Any damselflies hatching up there yet?

Good luck up at Eagle Lake!! 19.gif

Received 2 packages in today's mail chock full of really killer flies! greenstars.gif

Thanks RichMC & Professori !! grouphug.gif

Should have mine done by tonight,or tomorrow. They will be in the mail Tuesday if it kills me :D

Should have mine done by tonight,or tomorrow. They will be in the mail Tuesday if it kills me :D

Thanks Rich! orjnfq.gif

Guest rich mc

the flies i sent in were gray over white , i made some extras that worked awesome on shabbona lake crappies yesterday. rich

This is the Ghost of Rich5665... Just Kidding. The paint was still drying on a couple of the poppers. Sorry for the delay, they will be in the mail tomorrow

This is the Ghost of Rich5665... Just Kidding. The paint was still drying on a couple of the poppers. Sorry for the delay, they will be in the mail tomorrow

Thanks Rich! prariedog1.gif

Poppers are done and will be in the mail tomorrow. Thanks again for hosting.