Fly Tying
Blackwater

Greetings from Blackwater

Hi,

I found out about this web site through a magazine that I subscribe to and thought it would be a great idea to become a member.

I live in Red Deer, Alberta and have been fly fishing for about 15 years. I have tyed for about 12 years and have built fly rods for a couple of years. My interests in fly fishing never seem to remain static and my thirst for knowledge seldom very gets satisfied. I have tyed with a few groups over the years, learning something new all the time. I'm a believer in lifelong learning so fly fishing and all its tributaries are just a natural.

Living in Alberta, I fish the Bow River quite a bit but I have been focusing more on my homewaters, the Red Deer River. It has a nice Brown Trout fishery. I also love to fish the interior lakes around the Kamloops region in central British Columbia. I also have a steelhead trip planned for Sept/04 on the Bulkley River.

I hope to have some interesting discussions with members of the flytyingforum group.

Tightlines

Welcome to to forum Blackwater i think you'll enjoy the coversations and info we share on here its a great place to be a member for a fly fanatic.

This keeps up the canadian members are gonna be out numbering us MI guys before to long dry.gif wink.gif

SD

We are being invaded from the north ohmy.gif j_k.gif

It's great to see so many of our good Canadian friends have joined our merry troop smile.gif

Welcome Blackwater to the fastest growing Fly tying / fly fishing site on the Web.

OSD.

Welcome to the site! If your thirsting for information, I think you stumbled onto the right place. Make yourself and home and hope to see you around often.

O Canada!

Our home and native land!

True patriot love in all thy sons command.

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,

The True North strong and free!

From far and wide,

O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

God keep our land glorious and free!

Welcome Aboard!

That is for all our Canadian Members- Now I have to wonder if we won't need to fly a banner of international flags too! ohmy.gif

Welcome aboard,alot of members north of the borders.Jump in and share Your thoughts of fishing andwhat ever else you can conjure up biggrin.gif

tt

Welcome to the site! Probably one of the best for flyfishing on the 'Net. Interesting that you fish the Bow River. We had some of your neighbors down our way and fished the Hiwassee River in SE Tennessee. They were impressed that the Hiwassee was similar to the Bow. Makes me want to come up and try the Bow River. For more info on the Hiwassee River, try www.hiwassee.net. headbang.gif

Welcome to the site Blackwater.. theres alot of good guys here willing to help if you got any question... and thanx DFix.. cry.gif got me a lil choked up with that.. cheers.gif