Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
ibian

Pike Fly Swap

Anything yet??

Sorry Chance no computer at home and yesterday was a holiday. Something big, pink and purple showed up on Friday. Great job and thanks for the extras. :headbang:

Great I was starting to think they took a hit lol

Glad you like

Thanks for the great swap.

Chance

Just waiting to hear back from 1 tyer and 2 are on the way, so by the looks of it I should have these back in the mail on the 26 or 27th. I'll keep you posted. In the mean time I'll try and get pictures up for what I do have early next week.

Ian

Just waiting to hear back from 1 tyer and 2 are on the way, so by the looks of it I should have these back in the mail on the 26 or 27th. I'll keep you posted. In the mean time I'll try and get pictures up for what I do have early next week.

Ian

Great cant wait to see them

pickapeckof, I had 15 really freakin huge flies land on the door step Friday night. Those stingers really work! I know first hand. What is the wire that you use for the stingers, it's freakin stiff and strong. I can't wait to get a 12wt to toss them around. I'm going to see if my snowbee 8/9 13'6" spey rod can chuck em in the near future but I'm taken the barbs off first. :headbang:

Ian

Just waiting for 1 set to show up and 1 swapper has not responded to my pm's so we will be down 1 swapper. I will either send one of your flies back or I'll tie an extra one up for everyone. I'll keep you posted and get them out as soon as the last set shows up.

Ian

Sorry for the dealy guys, still just waiting for the one set to show up, things get delayed at the border from time to time :blink:. I will get them out as soon as they show up.

My bad this is the new id I've set up so the other one can go away when the swaps are over.

np it fine I didnt think you were ever going to get mine that was my first time sending anything out of the states.

all I want is someone to post a pic of a pike that they catch with a fly.

np it fine I didnt think you were ever going to get mine that was my first time sending anything out of the states.

all I want is someone to post a pic of a pike that they catch with a fly.

I put one of your flies in my ice gear aswell, the rabbit has great movement under the water. If I get one through the ice this year with your fly I'll post a pic of it.

That would be great.

So is it fun doing the ice fishing I have seen it on tv but never really a real outing if you know what I mean. It has been in the movies so how really know if that is how it is or not besides the people that do it for real.

That would be great.

So is it fun doing the ice fishing I have seen it on tv but never really a real outing if you know what I mean. It has been in the movies so how really know if that is how it is or not besides the people that do it for real.

It can be fun but the biggest thing is that it gets you out of the house before the wife can put you to work. Plus I just found some winter steelheading locations aswell so I might do a bit of both.

Just a quick update. Pauls flies should be here soon they did make it to the mail a little later than expected but they will show up. I will turn them around as soon as I can. Sorry for the delay.

Ian

boy only if the flies we tie could talk i wonder what they would say about customs and they plastic gloves lol :ripped:

I live in Belleville Ontario and i have never had a problem with sending or receiving any thing from across the border!

I am wondering if the flies have all arrived yet?

Thanks tyrite

Pauls flies came in this morning before I left for work :headbang: Great set of flies and some fantastic deer hair work. I will get them all back out ASAP. Thank you for your patience.

The box they came in had been opened which is scarey since they also contained my flies from the invitation swap - 2nd chancers. I'd be upset if I lost Bud's fly, it is a beauty.

Ian