Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Horseshoes

Spey and Shrimp Swap

5 down 1 to go. After 2 weeks of severe cold/flu like crud in my mellon I do believe the light at the end of the tunnel will allow me to get back to the vise! In fact I will be tying at the Northern California council of the Federation of Fly Fishers in Lodi Ca this weekend. I'll be doing the Saturday morning shift if any of you California boys will be at the Show. Just look for Ross Slayton which is my alter ego. LOL I am glad i did this swap it got me into the steelhead frame of mind and I will be doing some of my maribou soft hackles at the show. Hope to see some of you there!

Horseshoes,

The grey bucktail and some hooks showed up and you did a fantastic job at dying it. I'll start and tie them up.

Thanks again,

Ian

You are welcome ibian, I have been dying( as in colours) for awhile. Just thought you might like a few extras things to work with.

#4 don't remember the exact model number, it seems to work with the fly. I had to build a tying station on the weekend to tie them. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.

sorry it's ibian with the new username.

Ian

hey iban oops chuckingfluff

I have been working on a station too well got it on paper so far lol. I think I need to come up with a good story too lol.

I am using a #2 black salmon hook been wondering what everyone else is using too. I will not be using these flies must likely I bet they look good on the shelf though. I wouldnt ever know what to catch with them down here.

ATTENTION!!!! You must get the flies in the mail soon. It can take 10-14 days for the flies to get here from the states. Check your calenders people.

Mine will be out by end of week or Monday of next week, I'm still playing with the thickness of the body but am happy with them. I already have your address.

Ian