Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
smallieFanatic

Electric Muddle Duck

Just got back from testing it out...the action is killer and the worm stays on suprisingly well. The only thing is that it does not sink very well, no matter how much mud I rub on it or how waterlogged it gets. I think some adjustments are in order. :headbang:

I like the idea. If it won't sink for you, try tying the collar from a large bundle of bucktail which flares very well. Then substitute a wool head in lieu of the spun deer hair. That oughta sink it. In fact, it will probably attain something close to neutral buoyancy so you cpould sink it to the strike zone depth and keep it there for a good long while. Obviously a sink tip or full sinker would get it down faster, but dang....I hate casting those rigs :wallbash:

Regards,

Streamer

I love top water fishing do you have any of those for sell ? can you make them in differant colors ? can you change the grub on it or is it made into the fly ?

The grub you just slide onto the back of the fly, so when it gets old or chewed on, just pull it off and slide on a new one ;)

PM me your adress and I'll mail you a couple :)

Sorry no one had said it yet so I had to! you know im kidding right? Sweet Idea!!!

Pft! thats not a fly! why dont you just use a waxworm!

:lol: What I didn't say was that once on the water I pull off the rubber worm and slide on a big, fat, slimy, writhing night crawler :devil: JK

Just found this fly, Jan. Did you fish it much...I like the concept...especially if it doesn't sink. Think that would be a very cool topwater/shallow running fly....I'm eager for a full report about your experiences with this fly after these initial posts.

Actually I haven't gotten the chance to do much Bass fishing yet this year. Which is unfortunate as I'm sure you would know <_< But I will be sure to give you a report once I give the Muddle Duck some fair play.