Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
EdD5

Greetings from Ireland.

I'm originally from Philadelphia, but have been living in Ireland for two years now. I'm new to this hair and feathers stuff, but bought a rod and reel and even got some fly tying gear as a present. All I've done so far is some reading and video watching, but I plan to practice casting over the winter, maybe try some tying, and scout some area waters. Come spring I'd like to actually get my feet (and line) wet. So I'm ignorant but excited. Nice to be here.

Welcome Ed

Im originally a Philly boy too and of County Kerry descent. I will gladly come over to the Emerald Isle and give you some fluffchucking tips and tying techniques. And like they say.....when in Rome :cheers: :drunk: :sick:

Would love to see the limestones of Ireland and despite being over 300lb i really dont take up too much room :rolleyes:

Welcome Ed. be carefull fly tying can be addictive. Just think of us as fellow addicts in a support group.

Fred

Thanks, fellas. Ridley, anytime. So where in Rome are we meeting? Cheese steaks, hoagies, Tasty Cakes, pretzels and "good" pizza... you wouldn't believe how precious they become when they're not on every block. My arteries may be singing, but my soul weeps. Cheers, guys.

Welcome Ed, Maybe Ridley could smuggle a cheese steak of support. I would love to see any pics of your excusions. Have never been there, but Ireland and Scotland are on my list to visit.

Cheers, Futzer.

cheesesteaks, hoagies and pretzels wont post too well, but tastycakes certainly would. You other guys don't know what you are missing with from the Tasty Baking Company. Never found a snack cake anywhere that was better. And the variety of baked goods in mind boggling!

At least there should be as many pubs in Ireland as there are on nearly every other block in Philly. No wonder I had such a misspent youth.

cheesesteaks, hoagies and pretzels wont post too well, but tastycakes certainly would. You other guys don't know what you are missing with from the Tasty Baking Company. Never found a snack cake anywhere that was better. And the variety of baked goods in mind boggling!

At least there should be as many pubs in Ireland as there are on nearly every other block in Philly. No wonder I had such a misspent youth.

Hi Ridley, as excited as you sounded, I figured you were hand delivering with the Lear. :-) Cheers, Futzer.