Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Streamside

Buyer Beware!!!

This is my first post since illness last year Thought you should see this.

I contacted seller and told him it was kingfisher worth about $5.00 He said it was confirmed chatterer by two experts.

Someone with more money than brains, purchased a raggid old king fisher skin for $1500.00. It was originally listed for $4000.00.

Feel bad for buyer, very expensive lesson!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=180427221380

Definitely looks like that Kingfisher skin but the colors are better. Hard to say since I found all of 1 painted picture of an actual blue chatterer.... almost all references are for flies damn it....

Definitely a Kingfisher and KF skins sell for less than $10 for a really nice one. The buyer got ripped off.

But George Herter said it was chatterer :rolleyes: just look at the label.

I guess you shouldn't be buying if you don't know what you're buying.

I wish I knew who the buyer is. He could get his money back, but he would probably have to take the seller to court. I know that ebay says that sales are final, but in a contract if two parties are mutually mistaken about the very nature of the item that they are bargaining for, the contract can later be held void. I know, you don't want to hear silly law school crap, but I thought that it would make a great example that you can, in certain situations, get your money back out of a buyer who is either mistaken or fraudulent. I know that I shop around on ebay, and I am sure that alot of people here do too. Sometimes its tough to determine the actual quality of such items that people are selling. If I were the buyer, I would be doing one of these :wallbash:, and then contacting the seller for a refund. Travis

How do you guys put in your search criteria for nice bird skins. Everytime I try I only end up with a few results or some Crazy Deer mouse taxidermic monstrosity.

Please help the technically challenged.

How do you guys put in your search criteria for nice bird skins. Everytime I try I only end up with a few results or some Crazy Deer mouse taxidermic monstrosity.

That makes two of us Ridleyffo.... :hyst:

Sorry, that is a trade secret known only to The Brotherhood.

Sorry, that is a trade secret known only to The Brotherhood.

I am a Brotherhood member WWW

Never made Vigil however

this is definately not a cotinga skin, and who's to say this kingfisher was put into that bag long ago after the real cotinga was used or sold, the goffball selling it should be sued by the buyer for misinformation, ebay has a policy that all item must be discribed to the best of the sellers abilities. this seller has no abilities , it was his responsibility to make sure the item was as discribed and it wasn't , his claimed experts mustn't have much abilities either and deserve to be listed in the same goofball catogory

i wrote to the seller explaining it wasn't a cotinga and he never wrote me back

i'm pretty sure this buyer won't have to pay for this item, the seller was not, in his discription of the item, being truthful. pretty bad that someone bidded on it, even worst that this seller put this up for sale as a cotinga

i nominate the seller for the darwin

Bud