Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
smallieFanatic

A Sad Problem

The water in my local lake (Moses) goes down every year around now, several feet at least.

This evening I went to a lakeside park and a saw a disturbing sight; in the shallow bay where there is a boat ramp, it is almost dry, with one large pool at the very back of the bay with a very shallow channel leading out to the lake.

The pool was black with baby catfish, bluegills, perch, and crappie. Absolutly black, with the catfish having the more predominent numbers.

Thousands of fish. It looks like they could exscape if they really wanted to, but the water goes down farther everyday and soon there will be no way out.

Just conserned because thats next years fishing stock! :wallbash: :angry:

The water in my local lake (Moses) goes down every year around now, several feet at least.

This evening I went to a lakeside park and a saw a disturbing sight; in the shallow bay where there is a boat ramp, it is almost dry, with one large pool at the very back of the bay with a very shallow channel leading out to the lake.

The pool was black with baby catfish, bluegills, perch, and crappie. Absolutly black, with the catfish having the more predominent numbers.

Thousands of fish. It looks like they could exscape if they really wanted to, but the water goes down farther everyday and soon there will be no way out.

Just conserned because thats next years fishing stock! :wallbash: :angry:

jump in and start kickin around --- they should run for deeper water

they lower lakes in my area for weed control and to allow home owners time to repair walls, docks etc. maybe theyre doing it there also??

I'm guessing flytire is right. They lower many of the lakes here

in Arkansas (especially Ouachita in Hot Springs) so people can

do dock and shore repairs as well as to kill out some of the Lilly

pads and cattails. Jan, I wonder if you could get a big net and get some

of your buddies to help you seine them out?

Maybe call the Washington Game & Fish. That is sad.

Mike