Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Fred H.

Tom Nixon swap

Finding nice red materials for the "Eric the Red" pattern was a challenge, I found a nice Red Angora Dubbing, already had the Thread and J. Stockard had the Hackle. A Red material for the tail was causing me fits. I was looking for Moose dyed Red but no seems to carry Dyed Moose Hair. I have a red buck tail that looks like it will work. I tied up a test fly and quickly discovered why a different color was used for the wing on the "Eric the Red" pattern. I don't have a natural color for the wing and will be using brown or black if that's ok with everyone. I almost went festive for the Holiday, I was tempted to use a green wing, but I passed.

Just finished up all the pigboats. Each fly with exactly 56 rubber legs. I think there is more rubber in those 12 flies than I've dealt with in my entire tying career together. They were very fun to tie.

I got a dan-vise as an early Christmas present and will be tying mine up on a virgin vise should bring all of us some luck hopefully.

Merry Christmas everyone,

Dave

:headbang:

Mine are done ,I had to mix a few hooks and eyes cause the flyshop was out of about everything i needed, x-mas i guess

my rendition is done using the pattern out of the book "flies for bass and panfish" by dick stewart and farrow allen.

Hope everyone likes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,B,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

post-4914-1262536619_thumb.jpg

Mine are done ,I had to mix a few hooks and eyes cause the flyshop was out of about everything i needed, x-mas i guess

my rendition is done using the pattern out of the book "flies for bass and panfish" by dick stewart and farrow allen.

Hope everyone likes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,B,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

post-4914-1262536619_thumb.jpg

Those look great Batman.

Still waiting on one set of flies. rich5665 have not recieved yours flies yet when did you mail them?

Flies are being photographed and sorted . Will mail as soon as last set arrives. And will post pics as well.

Thanks everyone for participating .

Fred

Ok fellow swappers . No reply from rich5665 to this post or from my PM. How long do you want to wait before I ship ? This is not normal for rich5665 . May just be away from a computor for a few days. Let me know what you think.

Fred