Fly Tying
longears

sommerset show

Yup it was a good show, lots and lots of tiers; seems like less suppliers. Longears' liquid lace about the only new innovative material at the show. Thanks for taking the time to show me how to use it. My wife was a bit nervous when she saw the syringes, especially since I usually have a bootleg grateful dead blasting out of my tying room... I explained that the syringes were for tying not for shooting up heroin. :huh:

I picked up an automatic bobbin, some cool new Dohiku euro hooks and more Gaelic sylvester nemes (regular and the new up-eye version) and thundercreek hooks. Plus all the usual hackle, hairs and tinsels.

Looks like tomorrow might be fishing weather so all the new stuff will have to wait for next week's long holiday weekend.

Hi All;

I was there Saturday and it was a great show and my first time attending. Just as my first time attending the flyfishing show held there last January, it was a little overwhelming for the first time, too many tyers and or tyers to catch your eye.

Highlights for me, I met Vern-O from this site and spent quite a bit of time learning and talking to Allen McGee and Charlie Meck(suprise tyer) both were very friendly and helpfull explaining some of thier techniques and sharing fishing knowledge. I purchased Allen's book which he autographed. Both tiers tied a fly in front of me then gave it to me, Charlie even gave me the fly in a box.

I spent a good while talking to Vern-O, a great guy and talented tier.

All in all a great experience for my first time attending.

Wayneb

I have to say for me, it was a great experience and can't say enough about the great people I met and tyed with. Thanks to everyone who stopped buy and said hello. And hopefully you gained as much as I did.

Sorry guys, I didn't get to go this year.

Wifey had foot surgery and I have been playing house nurse. She has had other surgeries and things, but this time it is really tiring me out.

I am sure I have seen most everyone there over the years but I really wanted to meet, face to face, as many from this site as I could.

Always January show and next year. :headbang:

anyone see rob shreiner's #32 royal wulff and his streamers he ties. I missed the show this year but know rob and his tying..

It was a good show. Longears your booth was busy anytime I was in the room.

I hope that you were able to stop by and introduce yourself. I really wanted to meet a bunch of you from this forum. The few that I get get to meet was worth the 2500 mile trip to get there. I had a great time talking to all of you. I was raised in New Jersey and moved out West when I joined the service. I haven't been back here in 18 years. Got to take Ed to Atlantic City today for his first trip to the Jersey Shore and on Wednesday we're headed for the big Apple. He's in for a big surprise! He comes from Kamloops BC and it's not a big place. He says that the reason that he doesn't like N.J. is that there aren't any mountains around for him to get his bearings. He's glad that it doesn't get foggy or he'd be forever lost.

I really enjoyed the Symposium!!!!

During the show, I met many people from FTF, John McLain, Ted Patlin, Kevin Comton, Randy, Andre's and his friend who is also from Spain along with several others whose names I can't remember. What I learned was I wish I was closer to many of you so I could enjoy your company and learn more at the same time.

I enjoyed watching Randy tie. He's great with the Liquid Lace, which I have thoroughly enjoyed since first using it.

I got to tie with Dick Talleur and Mike Radencich and had a blast. Both of them are really nice people who you can enjoy as you learn. Both were also down to earth, extremely friendly and helpful as can be. I was totally impressed!

I watched Charlie Chute tie and talked with him. He does a beautiful job.

Chuck Furimsky and his wife were a pleasure.

I went to class and just wandered from exhibitor and tyer to another, what a blast. I would love to come back in January but don't think I can. Maybe next year. My friend, John Maddux, with whom I often travel and tie, is ready to come now. I called him to let him know I was up there, and once he found out, he kept calling me back to see what was happening. John showed up at the clinic this morning to inform me that "WE" have got to go to that show.

Ray

P.S.

I learned from Ted Patlin that there are absolutely NO trout in New Jersey, NO trout, so don't waste your time going there looking for them. Also there are NO good streams either, so that's it, no good trout or streams, so don't waste time trying to find them! They aren't there. Go to Montana, 'cause that's where ALL of the trout are. They certainly aren't in New Jersey. Heck, they don't even know what trout are in New Jersey, 'cause there aren't any trout or trout streams there. GO to MONTANA!! Yeah, go there; that's were the trout are. Y'all got that now?

I really enjoyed the Symposium!!!!

During the show, I met many people from FTF, John McLain, Ted Patlin, Kevin Comton, Randy, Andre's and his friend who is also from Spain along with several others whose names I can't remember. What I learned was I wish I was closer to many of you so I could enjoy your company and learn more at the same time.

I enjoyed watching Randy tie. He's great with the Liquid Lace, which I have thoroughly enjoyed since first using it.

I got to tie with Dick Talleur and Mike Radencich and had a blast. Both of them are really nice people who you can enjoy as you learn. Both were also down to earth, extremely friendly and helpful as can be. I was totally impressed!

I watched Charlie Chute tie and talked with him. He does a beautiful job.

Chuck Furimsky and his wife were a pleasure.

I went to class and just wandered from exhibitor and tyer to another, what a blast. I would love to come back in January but don't think I can. Maybe next year. My friend, John Maddux, with whom I often travel and tie, is ready to come now. I called him to let him know I was up there, and once he found out, he kept calling me back to see what was happening. John showed up at the clinic this morning to inform me that "WE" have got to go to that show.

Ray

P.S.

I learned from Ted Patlin that there are absolutely NO trout in New Jersey, NO trout, so don't waste your time going there looking for them. Also there are NO good streams either, so that's it, no good trout or streams, so don't waste time trying to find them! They aren't there. Go to Montana, 'cause that's where ALL of the trout are. They certainly aren't in New Jersey. Heck, they don't even know what trout are in New Jersey, 'cause there aren't any trout or trout streams there. GO to MONTANA!! Yeah, go there; that's were the trout are. Y'all got that now?

that's funny Ray! I really enjoyed your company too sir! you're a real gentleman.