Fly Tying
JarrodRuggles

WHAT DO YOU USE THE MOST?

What fly do you use the most?  

790 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For Trout

Cranky cripple emergers & avon specials, Dries EsayPeasyUSD and flat spent spinner and nymphs by Skues and north country spiders and bugs, CDC& Elk and anything big & buggy and tiny midge and dries from a good friend, Hove in South Wales

Grayling

as above but lose the wings on the dry USD, the Grayling come up fast from below and dont need a wing Heavy shrimpstiny dry USD mayflies Iron blue and Large Darks & BWO Big dries and emergers even - like #12

Stingers and wets & muddlers for seatrout

and for Salmon - shrimps collies and hairwings and CDC spey flies and even a few featherwings and hairy prawns

Is that it

I'll go & have a look

I do anything that is my own. I usualy take the first day of a fishing trip to turn oevr rocks and collect sample, of which I tie 20 patterns in an attempt to imitate them, and then I go fish the next day and come back home empty handed (new to fly fishing, and I cannot keep the same fly on my line for longer than 5 min, always have to try something new laugh.gif )

With the trout in Vermont and being it was the first fly I learned to tie with any accuracy I love the Adams size 12-14.

I can use it many ways and still catch fish.

Fatman

Hmm, I use dries alot when i get to the streams around here. most notably size 10-16 stimulators in the standard color is my favorite. but i use lots of different dries depending on my mood. lol

J

I fish a brown hackle peacock a great deal of the time. Also I use its cousin, grey hackle peacock. These are my favorites but am experimenting with some home-made patterns. Will let you know what I come up with here. The renegade was featured in a flyfishing magazine a few years ago (not going through about 100 magazines) and they showed the fly tied with, starting at the bend- hackle, black chenille, hackle, chenille of a different/contrasing color, and hackle. The hackle I use is brown and the front color I have used is pink, yellow, or olive. Hook size can be anything; I use size 6 to 10. Dry fly- Adams without the wings; just tail, dubbed body, three wraps of hackle.

I fish streamers mainly. I develop my own patterns and am always tewaking them to show the fish something new.

I'm assuming Deerhair poppers are terrestrials. I will fish them all day long and am productive most of the time with them. This year I'm actually forcing myself to fish subsurface flies...Actually, last weekend was the first time I've ever caught a fish on a clouser! It was fun! Still my vote which I screw up voting null to see the choices is for "POPPERS"