Fly Tying
JarrodRuggles

WHAT DO YOU USE THE MOST?

What fly do you use the most?  

790 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted dry fly because I enjoy it the most and try it the most often, even tho I know I should get down and dirty with a nymph.... I thought about saying terrestrials but I usually have a dry mayfly dropper off of them...

Wet flies- rusty brown/orange with squirrel hackle, or a dubbed body fly (various colors) palmered halfway (swept back slightly) tied on an eyeless hook.

If its summer time, my go to is a variety of hopper patterns. Can beat it they are easy to see and fish hammer them

The E/C Caddis has gotten more water time than everything else combined for the past several years, but it fishes weighted wet as well dry.

Whatever it takes. Least used is a dry. Most used is Wooly Bugger, and getting into an IPW (Infamous Pink Worm) which is kinda like a San Juan Worm with a pink tungsten bead in the bend of the chenille. It's a relatively new fly for me, but absolutely a killer. I've seen it work incredibly well, with a strike indicator and weight.

Nymphs work very well for me and would work better if I fished them better.

I love tying dries, but see very few hatches around here, mostly caddis.