Fly Tying
riffleriversteelheadslayer

tie with this material swap

with having to tie with tinsel I pulled out some vintage tinsel I got from a buddies father in law that passed and tied up some streamers in the rangley style sorry that these aren't presentation quality but I don't have any JC that aren't split so fish these like they are meant to be they are my favorite for smelt or allwive imitation works great in the spring and fall at the mouths of the rivers I fish for chrome and salmon hope you guys and gal like them

post-10925-1267137753_thumb.jpg

Paul that is really nice. :headbang:

After tying a dozen different chenille patterns I've decided on a Jack Gartside ultimate worm gurgler with a small twist.

Ian

Ran out of chennile for the ultimate worm gurgler :wallbash: and can't find any more so I switch patterns. There done and will be in the mail tommorow. :headbang:

Ian

post-14864-1268966878_thumb.jpg

post-14864-1268966890_thumb.jpg

Hello all.

I am sorry that i am running late on getting my flies out. I spent the last half of Feb. fighting the flu and then Pnumonia. If you look at the dry fly swap i am also in i BARELY got them there in time.

On this swap i had intended to tie some Muddlers in a full dress/married wing style. Unfortunately all of my attempts have been hampered by the fact that when i start spinning in the deer hair it likes to catch in the wings and pull them apart. You can see one in the pics and a couple of bodies i experimented with. Since i have been having troubles with tying since getting sick i changed my mind and started tying bombers. Since i ordered special black hair for this swap i am using it...Now my problem is that i only tried to tie a bomber 2-3 times before in my life. I need to know, Do the ones in the pics look like i have the proportions right or not? I felt the hackle looked too long and went and bought a new smaller neck today. You can probably tell that one of them looks shorter. So, do i have them sized right?

Thank-you for your patience.

Guest Big E
Big E your flies arrived today awesome tying and thank you so much for the extras they will definitely see some action :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Excellent...glad you liked the extras, I was hoping you could use them. If you catch a steelhead on one be sure to send me a pic please.

Felt flies are flying . I finally found fifteen hooks the same size. First time to tie with felt . It looks nasty, buggy when wet , and they have been bluegill tested and approved.Thanks for hosting Paul.

Fred

The Bombers are air born...ETA...I hope they get there on Thursday, with USPS doing the targeting and navigation... who knows? :dunno:

I received an awesome set of flies from flyfisher13 I know you guys are gonna love these and thanks for the extras Jamie that baitfish is off the hook I can't wait to get that bad boy in the mouth of some brookies

Thanks for hosting! I am glad to see that they made it to you, I had a time getting them mailed. BDH work schedule misses with my errand running I use to have him do on Mondays and my work schedule don't allow me to get to the PO before it closes unless I drag the little ones with me. On Thursday I decided to venture out with the little ones and do some errands and mail the flies and what do you know the car messed up and we ended up at the auto shop. But I finally just put stamps on them and left them for the postman. Really glad to see they found you.