Fly Tying
onceahoosier

Best Place for Tying Supplies

The local fly shop where I live closed a few years ago. I still drop in on some shops that are further away when I can, but I now order a lot of my tying materials from mail order suppliers online. I order from a couple of them and have my favorite (I use Feather Craft most often, they have a wide selection of good stuff), what suppliers do you order from/recommend, am I missing some better options? Thanks.

Tom

JStockard. Do a quick search here and you'll find everyone who does business with them has positive feedback.

I also use this place Whitewater Flies

I've used them also, good prices with free shipping, but a little slow getting orders shipped out in my experience.

I mainly use J.Stockard for the majority of my tying materials and never been disappointed yet.

Was wondering, as I'm always looking for other online sources as we have no fly shops in my area, if anyone has used the FlyShack or Condor Fly Tying material suppliers? How is their service and shipping turn around time ?

thx's

Mike

I'd check out flytyersdungeon.com too. They're pretty reasonable pricewise. J Stockards has been good the couple of times I've bought from them, especially about shipping quick. I also use Feather Craft a lot. I'd be crazy not to since they're about 20 minutes away.

Mike

I usually use JStockard or Feather-Craft. Today though I called in

an order to Chris Helm at Whitetail Fly Tieing. He frequently has that

really hard to find item and you can get plenty of advice from an

expert tyer. -Tom

I buy 90% of my materials locally, but when I do buy Online, I use one place only.

Lakeland Fly Tying in the UK are fast cheap and have a ton of stuff we just can't seem to get here.

Rick

I use feather-craft as well, but back up in Maine there's a new shop that opened up it called Merrymeeting Fly shop- Seliene Dumaine is the owner and she knows her stuff and she has the largest inventory of fly tying materials in Maine. I order from her when I can, I live in the midwest and she usually gets it to me within two business days. Seliene is well known for her feather-wing classic streamers- Carrie Stephen's Greyghost. Anyway even if your in the western areas check it out @ www.mflies.com

If im not buying it from my self I prefer to help small shops like the hex shop or casters fly shop. I think both do free shipping and fill custom orders if you need something special.

i try to buy from the fly shop but. when i cant i buy from j-stockard. they sponser the forum and have discounts every month!