Fly Tying
Gustav F.

What brand of tying thread do you use?

451 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I use various threads. I like UTC 140 for big streamers. Mike Schmidt got me hooked on it. It has nice stretch and is strong.

I use Danville 3/0 monocord for many uses. I use it on larger dry flies. It is a strong thread. You can use it on big streamers too. It doesn't have the stretch that 140 has, but I still like it.

I like UNI 6/0 and 8/0 for smaller dry flies and small flies in general. Great general purpose thread for trout flies.

I have also tried Veevus for trout type flies. It is very strong for as thin as it is.

Just my 2 cents.

Veevus. Their 16/0 is super strong. I tie with mostly 10/0-16/0 to help keep my head size down.

I have some danville and didnt like it. I also have some ultra thread which is not bad in the 6/0 size. I prefer Veevus though.

I have a feeling the 'other' category will get popular with those who have yet to vote because Veevus isn't listed.

I've heard Bennechi might be getting scarce so thank goodness Veevus is around to save the day!