Fly Tying
flyfishingwright

Start bass fishing swap.

Hummm creek mine look a lot like yours except dirtier and flashier. Maybe Ill work something a tad different.

I have been fly fishing for bass for 15 years (and im only 25). I usually fished from shore with Polaroids, its a ton better than fishing from a boat with poor visibility. I was young and more unexpirenced at tying but soon discovered that catching almost all the bass I could see could be done by taking a # 4 nickle plated hook, and tying on a fairly thick clumb of pure silver flashboo about 2.5 -3 inches long.

If you flip it within a few feet of a bass or even strip it by, you get a hit about 75% of the time (SERIOUSLY). Then I did a slight modification by taking some fake hair (preferred green for a bluegill looking color or light blue) and tied it upside down as a hook guard so I could even strip it through pretty heavy timber, lilly pads, etc. The bass hit hard enough that you can still get a great hook set.

I know it is sort of disgraceful to the art that we pursue in tying swaps but if your looking for a killer end result with your local large or small mouths, try this out and laugh at the guys with their more complex patterns.

I am tying a version of this for my swap but I am adding in some color and steel bead eye so you guys feel more comfortable actually fishing it.

p.s. if your in a real pinch tin foil works (not even kidding) just cut thin strips into 2 inches of it, leave 1/2 inch in tact, tie it on the hook and cast.

Hummm creek mine look a lot like yours except dirtier and flashier. Maybe Ill work something a tad different.

I have been fly fishing for bass for 15 years (and im only 25). I usually fished from shore with Polaroids, its a ton better than fishing from a boat with poor visibility. I was young and more unexpirenced at tying but soon discovered that catching almost all the bass I could see could be done by taking a # 4 nickle plated hook, and tying on a fairly thick clumb of pure silver flashboo about 2.5 -3 inches long.

If you flip it within a few feet of a bass or even strip it by, you get a hit about 75% of the time (SERIOUSLY). Then I did a slight modification by taking some fake hair (preferred green for a bluegill looking color or light blue) and tied it upside down as a hook guard so I could even strip it through pretty heavy timber, lilly pads, etc. The bass hit hard enough that you can still get a great hook set.

I know it is sort of disgraceful to the art that we pursue in tying swaps but if your looking for a killer end result with your local large or small mouths, try this out and laugh at the guys with their more complex patterns.

I am tying a version of this for my swap but I am adding in some color and steel bead eye so you guys feel more comfortable actually fishing it.

p.s. if your in a real pinch tin foil works (not even kidding) just cut thin strips into 2 inches of it, leave 1/2 inch in tact, tie it on the hook and cast.

mine or red and white . whay color are yours ? cloused minnows imo you cant have enough . tie them anyway . cant go wrong

These are way different. I tie in like a ton of silver flashboo, and a tad of the olive and blue fake hair,

then I tie in dyed calf hair on the bottom to act like a hook guard, but it also provides some body to the fly.

When you see it youll understand about the ugly. Just a flashy little beast but man do they work. Plus with the calf hair, you can pretty much strip it through or over timber or into lilly pads and not sweat it too much. I double whip finish and then zap a gap the head because I beat the complete hell out of these flies

mine or red and white . whay color are yours ? cloused minnows imo you cant have enough . tie them anyway . cant go wrong

These are way different. I tie in like a ton of silver flashboo, and a tad of the olive and blue fake hair,

then I tie in dyed calf hair on the bottom to act like a hook guard, but it also provides some body to the fly.

When you see it youll understand about the ugly. Just a flashy little beast but man do they work. Plus with the calf hair, you can pretty much strip it through or over timber or into lilly pads and not sweat it too much. I double whip finish and then zap a gap the head because I beat the complete hell out of these flies

i dont use glue on my heads any more i use aleene's fabric fusion . you will see what it looks like wehn you get one of my flies . looks good and doesnt turn yellow and is hard

Where do you pick that up at? Is it as durable? I can catch like 50-80 decent sized bass off one fly before it starts looking all beat up but I would be all over extending that if possible and keeping the fly looking sharp.