Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
smallieFanatic

Indian Creek Smimulator

I'll have to agree with Jindra and Ian, sweet fly Jan! I'll definitely have to make a copy or 12 of that!

Jan, another fine submission. The Stimulator was one of the most trying pattern I tried top master as a novice tier. I love the look and profile of these flies. I often tie them on a Sz 4 Tiemco 200r with a closed cell foam underbody and chuck 'em at the smallmouth. They're deadly during the lake summer for when the big hoppers are moving about the cow field streams Jamie and I fish. I like the hackling job on this one, Jan. A very nice tie! If you've never fished them for the smallies, give it a go this year!

Oh, Jan! Gotta try 'em on the smallies, especially on flows that are tree lined. The Stimulator imitates everything from stone and salmonflies to hoppers and other big terrestrials. I love it in green and yellow for hoppers and black and yellow for everything else, especially bees, waps, and cicadas. Great pattern on shallow water smallies.