Fly Tying
www.fishmadman.com

Tube Bomber TM

thanks for sharing!! My bombers look ok but yours is amazing!

Sir thank you for the kind words... Do you tie them on tube as well ?

And if so what diameter tubing do you use ?

Kind regards

Jesper Fohrmann

www.fishmadman.com

No I have never tied tubes yet but here is mine

89jf8sesnsj9f24e2488kfnsj2.jpg

Sir it looks very eat-able and choice of colours with the pale green deer hair body is a good choice for many of the Northern rivers here in Scandinavia ..

Here is another variation with brown hackle that works well over here in scandi-land

Kind regards

Jesper Fohrmann

www.fishmadman.com

DSC_9592.jpg

thanks for sharing!! My bombers look ok but yours is amazing!

Sir thank you for the kind words... Do you tie them on tube as well ?

And if so what diameter tubing do you use ?

Kind regards

Jesper Fohrmann

www.fishmadman.com

No I have never tied tubes yet but here is mine

89jf8sesnsj9f24e2488kfnsj2.jpg

those look killer dude!!!!!!!! what size tube do u use? Is the hackle and the front wing tied in before the deer hair or after? Good job!!

Sir it looks very eat-able and choice of colours with the pale green deer hair body is a good choice for many of the Northern rivers here in Scandinavia ..

Here is another variation with brown hackle that works well over here in scandi-land

Kind regards

Jesper Fohrmann

www.fishmadman.com

DSC_9592.jpg

Sir I use various diameters of tube

I already had the The Tube Bomber pattern uploaded into the pattern files on this page...but I can not retrive a link for you

Instead I have retrieved a link from our own page on the subject..Here you will find a full tying instruction for the Tube Bomber TM and other dry flies tied on tube

Kind regards

Jesper

Tube Bomber Tying instruction

Great looking bomber!!! I will have to Ty up some of these.

Ty-Rite (Glen)

Glen:

Thank you very much... I see you are a skilled "deer barber" - I do recommend that you try tube for your musky patterns....Many bulky deer-hair patterns for bass and pike suffer from some of the same problems as do salmon dry flies...

Foremost it is the fact that the hook often dwell in physical shadow of the deer hair body... not that one can´t obtain big hooks that will somewhat change that...But using such hooks... the angler will have to sell out on a few other important detail...such as weight and length of hooks

Long hooks and especially long shank streamer hooks have a notorious ability to lose their hook-hold as the fish will use the hook-shank as a crowbar and wedge it self free

The tube fly will give the angler a choice of a wide variety of small light short shank hooks often much better for hooking-up and certainly lighter than the single hooks that big deer hair patterns are tied on.

Last but not least the fly tier will be able to position the hook out of the physical shadow of the fly - without tipping the balance of the fly dramatically.

We actually have a trout/pike pattern uploaded to our page /tied by avid fly tier Mr. Kim Nyborg) that show how it could look

Kind regards

Jesper Fohrmann

Big deer hair mouse fly tiede on tube -