Fly Tying
Guest Big E

Chiro/Buzzer Swap

Guest Big E

Rcvd flies today from bigdewy...all I can say is wow...big props to you for tying those. You're right...dunno how you tied them much less how I'm going to get it on my tippet. I have problems with 8s at pre-dawn by the light of the dome light of my truck...I think, nay, I know I will have problems with these at the bench with the big magnifying glass.

Thanks a lot for the extras, you're too kind. Never tried a stimi on SRC but willing to give them a go if they survive spring and summer bow fishing.

Guest Big E

Rcvd flies today from Flytire. Awesome set of flies....only one problem...they look exactly like what I was going to tie! :wallbash: Guess I'll have to do a different pattern. Thanks a bunch for the extras...very kind of you. Never fished a redbird so I'm looking forward to trying that out. The monopoly cards were a great idea.

Guest Big E

Rcvd flies from Firetiger. Nice ones mate!

Thanks for the extras...really goes to show what a real czech nymph is and how far I need to go before I tie them like the natives. ;)

Rcvd flies from Firetiger. Nice ones mate!

Thanks for the extras...really goes to show what a real czech nymph is and how far I need to go before I tie them like the natives. ;)

Always a pleasure to do business with you ;-) Glad you like the CZ ones.

Cheers!

J.

Rcvd flies today from Flytire. Awesome set of flies....only one problem...they look exactly like what I was going to tie! :wallbash: Guess I'll have to do a different pattern. Thanks a bunch for the extras...very kind of you. Never fished a redbird so I'm looking forward to trying that out. The monopoly cards were a great idea.

you should have told me when i posted a photo on march 11th of what i was tying and i would have chosen something else to tie! :dunno:

the monopoly cards are actually avery business cards that i use for most of the swap i enter. :D

Guest Big E
you should have told me when i posted a photo on march 11th of what i was tying and i would have chosen something else to tie! :dunno:

Nah...yours look much better than mine. I hadn't really started tying yet, just tying up different ideas with what material I have. I've actually (believe it or not) tied up 8 different patterns so far and still haven't decided what ones to tie up. I don't know if any one else does that but I seem to tie quite a lot of "preliminary" flies.

I think I'm going to tie up some red and black ice cream cones

I do the same thing: Try different materials, different approaches. And when I decide on a pattern I will often go through half a dozen prototypes- tweeking proportions, placement of material, etc.

I've actually (believe it or not) tied up 8 different patterns so far and still haven't decided what ones to tie up.

ive done that too and used the differently colored flies for the swap.

Guest Big E
so how we looking on this swap?? update??

Still waiting on the same 4 sets as indicated on the first post....I'll be sending out PM reminders most likely tonight.

Fleis flew today.

Thanks big E for hosting

C

Dropped a few of these in the mail this morning.

post-23124-1272299544_thumb.jpg

Thanks for hosting, E! I look forward to seeing everyone's ties........ and fishing them! The lakes in my neck of the woods ought to break up in another week or two and I can't wait to chuck a few of my new Chiros!

~Evan

Guest Big E

Rcvd some sweet looking flies from Dezod. That red bead just does it for that fly....nice one!