Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mike15851

metz microbarb vs keough saddles

I always buy from Keough as he is a Michigan business person and thanks to our state government our local business people need all the support they can get. That, and it's always cool to rifle the bins he brings to the Midwest Flyfishing Show. Picked up a badger neck, a med blue dun neck, and a nice hen neck yesterday for under $60. :bugeyes:

I got the whiting saddle in the mail and I bought a grizzly microbarb yesterday and tried them out. They are both equal in quality but the metz microbarb has alot more smaller feathers than the whiting. I like whiting but I am sold on the metz microbarbs.

It was a problem Smallie I know.... I have 3 grade A's I bought 5 years ago that all twist like hell... Never bought another Metz neck after that but they look nice sitting in the packages....

You should give Whiting's Hebert Miner Pro Grade saddles a shot. Retail price is $20.00 and they come in a wide range of colors. As for sizes they tie from size 12 to size 20, just not all from the same saddle. Anyone who has a large selection of saddles should get you the sizes you are looking for. Obviously the smaller sizes would be tougher. You can always go with a midge saddle...these will tie down to size 26 or smaller. Again the size range will vary from bird to bird.

Jim