Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Say It Ain't SO

I saw this post on another Fly Fishing Forum, I don,t know if anyone else has seen this information, but it seems ludicrous. In case you have not yet heard, PETA has received permission from Disney to use the 'Finding Nemo' characters in it's antifishing campaign. A leaflet has been produce targeting children in which Nemo and friends urge kids not to fish, keep aquaria, or angle. Ananova broke the story at:

http://www.ananova.com/enterta...?menu

You can view the leaflet at:

http://www.peta.org/feat/nemo/page/kidscard.pdf

Disney has yet to respond to inquiries. I urge you all to contact Disney and let them know your displeasure. In addition, there is a petition going online at:

http://www.petitiononline.com/msp1234/

Sign if you want to.

Tight Lines,

Fatman

I signed it too. We have to stop the PETAphiles or we're all going to end up eating grass. Someday I'll have to tell you guys about my run-in with a PETAphile while fishing the beach.

Thats not supprising Disney's has for a long time been trying to humanize animals and animalize people. To see this just watch there movies.

OSD.

I've signed it. It is scary that the idiots are better organized than we tend to be, and we have to "aggregate our fecal matter" on this, if you know what I mean...

disney was the same company that in 1942, refused to acknowledge that the "hunter" that shot Bambi's mother was in fact a poacher in the original story. the movie sparked a huge nation wide outcry against legal hunters that has survived today with propoganda and misrepresentation by hippie groups like Peta....

Attention:

Some of you who know of me from other websites should take a moment to visit ONE in PARTICULAR and get caught up on recent discoveries regarding this 'supposed' nihil obstat from Disney.

After reading the reply from DFix I went and searched on the web and only found one thing and even that wasn't a real news article from a supposed reporter saying Disney did not authorize PETA to use the characters.

DFix if you have something else please share as if you do a GOGGLE search on Disney and PETA you'll get roughly 10 pages with 10-20 things all saying it was authorized. I am personnally against everything PETA stands for, I picked up the story from the Fly Fisherman boards.

What site were you referring to???????????? help.gif baby.gif baby.gif

Thanks,

Fatman