Fly Tying
Dart

Popper Swap

I'm going to keep this to 6 people as poppers can be pretty involved. Everyone will send in 5 poppers and you will not receive yours back. Sizes range from 14 to x/0. Mini panfish poppers to massive saltwater types. Foam or deer hair. Feel free to express yourself!

SWAP IS CLOSED!

Rules:

Flies are due to me by April 15.

Toe tag your flies with your name. You can also include pattern name if you wish.

Send your poppers in a small, crush-proof box (not too small, you have to accommodate the flies you will be sent back)

Include a self-addressed envelope with sufficient postage so I can return the flies to you.

1) Dart - sz 8 Tapered & cupped Stippled popper - brown/gold variation -- DONE

2) BigDaddyHub - Balsa Black 'n Blue -- RECEIVED

3) Nealbo - "some kind of popper, that's all I know" -- RECEIVED

4) smokinprice - sz 8 avocado green with yellow and black spots -- RECEIVED

5) gpd4 - TBD -- RECEIVED

6) Bruce Derington - Drakes Wounded Minnow -- RECEIVED

1st Alternate: Flytyer14

2nd Alternate: ChuckingFluff

I'm in, but don't expect any crazy stuff. May have to keep this one on the tame side to protect my already fragile ego. Been struggling with poppers here lately, and I LOVE poppers. May go with a hand carved/sanded balsa fly.

I'm in, but don't expect any crazy stuff. May have to keep this one on the tame side to protect my already fragile ego. Been struggling with poppers here lately, and I LOVE poppers. May go with a hand carved/sanded balsa fly.

Balsa!? Sounds hot! Here's to hoping you're not as late on my swap as I was yours. :D Proud to have you, Chris!

gonna try to get Smokinprice to get in on this one! He's fairly new to this but has been honing his popper skills this winter. PM him and tell him I said to get in on this!

JEff, I see you at the bottom of the page lurking...just post that you're in! You need to finally jump in a swap, Donkey!

Too many Jeff's on this site! Donkey! Erm... how did the Shrek reference come about?

Who knows? Just something my girlfriend, Smokin', likes to call me.

Disturbing.

Who knows? Just something my girlfriend, Smokin', likes to call me.

Disturbing.

On many levels, I assure you. :devil: :lol: :lol:

Well, if either of you two cowboys can flex your legal muscle to get Bruce in here with his famous deer hair poppers, I'd be forever indebted!

As a matter of fact, apparently I don't like having ANY flies in my box, so I'm going to throw in 3 flies total to all participants. That's right... 15 poppers are going out by me. A pretty big sacrifice seeing as I currently have a total of 11 completed poppers tied. :D

WEll, I can try. Just PM'd Dafunk. Might be able to harrass him into joining. He does great ties! I'll PM Bruce.

I'll trade you some of Nealbo's materials (he's passed out asleep) for the fangs from your vampire emu. I'm not sure what I can offer, but I'm looking at 9 boxes of dubbing x 12 colors each. Or maybe I could share one of his 9 C&F fly boxes full of flies?

Yes I was lurking damnit. Cant believe you caught me. Never done a swap before. Worried my flies arent the best to be sending to others. I could be in though with a size 8 frog pattern dotted like one of the ones I just did. Very tempting indeed. Oh and donkey is just an expression. It can also be a polite way of calling someone a jack ass! Hee hee. But it is more a term of endearment.