Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
BigDaddyHub

Hare Hackle Minnow

Haven''t used a fur hackle on a pattern in a long time. Thought this would be the perfect pattern to knock off the rust. I have a ways to go with it, but it's not bad...it'll fish.

The kids are out of school this Friday and the stocker trout have been keying on smaller baitfish patterns. I had been killin' 'em on a yellow over white bugger tied on this same hook, but thought this would be a nice change. I have tied several with clear beads. I think I like those better. In black with an orange bead, one might acheive that "minature egg sucker" Dart had mentioned in the warm water forums for the gills.

Ooooohhhh. Something like that might certainly work during the shad-kill

below the dam here on the White/Norfork, Chris. I'll have to tie some of

those up before I pull on my waders next time. I'm thinking a clear or yellow

bead... Bet it'd kill the crappie/bluegills in my ponds, too. Thanks, Dude.

I don't care what they say about you... You are all right.

Mike

I've tied several with the yellow beads and clear beads for just the same reason. The alewives are shurning through the dam making it a feast in the high water.

AK Mike, trim your flash at a 45° angle, just a tip, Cheers, Jeff.

Believe it or not but I know a wonderful high lake here in Oregon filled with a sustaining population of Atlantic salmon....yep, Atlantic salmon.... that would go nuts over that fly. Good one BDH.

Thank you, John.

Landlocks, eh? Might need to tie it on a Steelhead Iron for those brutes, Carl. My brother fished landlocks in Maine several years ago. He's still smiling.

I love those small flies of yours. Will have to tie a few dozen for crappies. The nieces an nephews will go through a whole bunch pf them.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Thank you Denis and Camo; fished it today. NICE little trout fly! Manage to land a few decent fish this afternoon. I think I'm gonna go after the crappie with it in the morning!