Fly Tying
smallieFanatic

Not a bug but....

http://www.rossparkzoo.com/spiny-tailed-iguana.htm If you plan on keeping it, this might be useful and it needs a lot of room, when i had mine i had to get rid of it when it hit 3 feet long and they eat ALOT. Also make sure they have UV and UVB light or they will die of calcium deficiancy. Are you keeping it?

It is a wild lizard, I caught it up by Lenice Lake in WA. Yup, I plan on keeping it, at least for a little while. :)

Whatever it is, I'm pretty sure it is an adult.

what the heck???? hes way up north for this species, thats really weird, maybe its a different typpe of lizard, and lizards do make fun pets but dont handle him to much

When I was a kid in California we used to catch what we were told were alligator lizards. They look pretty much like your photo. I think the biggest I caught was about 12 inches. I remember thay have a pretty respectable bite!

Just some info on the pictured lizard to aid in Identifying it:

It is about 4" long, has two large spots just behind the arms. Underbelly is cream colored with a touch of orange near the edges.

...Yup, that's a lizard! Lmao, sorry, I'm being difficult. If it don't have 4 legs, paws, and fur, it ain't no pet of mine! Defenitley not an Alligator Lizard, your reptile's brow ridge is way too defined for that. I'm guessing you caught this one in a rocky place?

You bet, basic Basin landscape, sagebrushy, rocky, dry-ie.

Another thing I found out...this little fellow buries himself in sand periodically. First time I freaked because I thought he had escaped :scared:

Another thing I found out...this little fellow buries himself in sand periodically. First time I freaked because I thought he had escaped :scared:
:hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

I lost a little chameleon in my house as a kid. Still think that he is behind the baseboards of my parents house

A beautiful little animal :wub:

But if you plan on keeping it, please make sure it has the best possible environment to live in. It should have lots of space, live food to eat, many objects to hide and rest under and preferrably, have another lizard to socialize with if it's going to be kept for a longer period. But my final point of view: Don't keep it in captivity against its will, wild animals always suffer from that. If you are going to keep it make it short, just for studying it a little :)

Anyway, this is your choice. I just expect you to rely on common sense.

It is not endangered.

FYI, I have found out that it is a Nevada Side-Blotched Lizard, pictured here, top photos: http://www.californiaherps.com/noncal/nort...ansburiana.html

Gustav, it already has all those things save another lizard. And I did say it was only going to be in captivity for a short while previously.