Fly Tying
larmie44

Nymph Swap

Got them done, need an address.

hi i would like to participate in this swap, i havent chosen a fly yet but i dont know what a toe tag is. can someone let me know, and then i will make my decision.

hi i would like to participate in this swap, i havent chosen a fly yet but i dont know what a toe tag is. can someone let me know, and then i will make my decision.

Come and join us. A toe tag is just a small piece of paper with your name on it attached to the hook...

Come and join us. A toe tag is just a small piece of paper with your name on it attached to the hook...

And the reason some swap meisters perfer to do toe tags is because it makes it a heck of a lot easier sorting all the flies out for their shipping :)

Plus when a fly completely rocks it is really easy for me to see who the master tier is.

Hey larmie44,

I totally forgot about he toe tags :wallbash: the flys are already in the mail. The envolope will say Rios Lara, keep a lookout for it.

Hey larmie44,

I totally forgot about he toe tags :wallbash: the flys are already in the mail. The envolope will say Rios Lara, keep a lookout for it.

i will be doing a green caddis pupa pattern that is good for all trout.

Hey larmie44,

i will be doing a green caddis pupa pattern that is good for all trout.

NO biggie on the toe tags! Im not an anal swapper. Also, score on the green caddis. I am in the process of tying 50-100 as well as some black stones for the steelhead trip I am taking in a month or so. Cant wait!

We currently have 10, and I will take new swappers on this until April 15th (15 more days) then just cut it off wherever we are at. Hopefully we get to 14 but it looks like it might be difficult.

Once my 3 swaps complete and I get some boxes back and I am halfway through with this one, I am going to start another one. Probably tiny fly swap, all patterns smaller than 14. Seems like the more specialized the swap it, the tougher it is to get people on board, unless they are fishing similar fly styles.

Got the bodies done on ten so far. Mixed up the dubbing for the front end and am ready to rip. Should be done next week sometime.

Got the bodies done on ten so far. Mixed up the dubbing for the front end and am ready to rip. Should be done next week sometime.

Finished my flies off yesterday and received NJ's flies today. They look fantastic! This swap is for sure going to keep our lines tight this year!

I fished the nymph pattern I tied for the swap and had great success with the brookies & bows today.Hope everybody else who get's them has the same success that i have fishing them... NJF

I fished the nymph pattern I tied for the swap and had great success with the brookies & bows today.Hope everybody else who get's them has the same success that i have fishing them... NJF

Received Rio's flies today and they look great. Glad they didnt fall out of the small holes that developed in the envelope. Try to send them in a padded envelope WITH sase next time, its just about as cheap and makes it a lot easier. They do look killer!

2 more days

looks like a steady 10?

we can all do 14 if we want, then redistribute the extra 4 randomly but not getting your own fly back

I am up for ideas

the ones we have so far look killer!

Ok I cut it off, no new members

existing members just need to consider if they want to do 14 and ill swap them out youll get a couple random doubles

or we can do 10 and the people that sent extras I can just send back with the swapped out ones