Fly Tying
NJFlyMAn

Post pictures of your fly fishing buddy

They're still interested but fishing competes more with sleep and computer time than friends. My son won't get up on the weekend before 9 or 10 so he is tough.

I just started going again after one of the longest winters we can remember down here in south Louisiana so, hard to say what they will do once I start going.

How about you, any kids with fishing interests?

Kirk

Here's my fishing buddy, my 12 yr old niece Kristina. Following along in Uncle Steve's foot steps...she landed this big large mouth all by herself with just me coaching here.

kristina1w.jpg

kristina2j.jpg

Steve

Steel, you're a good Uncle, Kristina will remember that for the rest of her life; not everyday a person much less a child gets to catch and have a photograph with a bass like that!

I got a PM about Cichlids so, I'm posting a pic here cause I don't know how to reply to the pm with a pic. These fish are related to the Tilapia and have been spreading in our warm south Louisiana waters and attracting some fans and creating some enemies. They are considered invasive although they occur in the Rio Grande Valley in Texas. These were caught in New Orleans' City Park. These were very tasty fried whole, minus the head of course, in a corn flour/meal coating.

Kirk

KED_4074_060-2.jpg

IMG_0504-1.jpg

NICE kirk! you might have another fishin buddy commin to see ya, always wanted to catch those little punks. :ripped: we had a few ponds get closed because of Oscars a year or so ago. i have a vendetta against them. :(

Steeldrifter.. Wow.. What did your niece use to catch that lunker? She did good for herself. I have a niece that I took fishing with me all the time, but now she is 22 years old and doesn't want anything to do with fishing. Man I miss them days...When she was about 8 I would take her to the park with me and catch trout. Then after fishing, I would give her a half hour of play time on the swings. Every day after school she would ask to go fishing..This way she wouldn't be stuck in the house and it gave her time to play with the other kids...

Steeldrifter.. Wow.. What did your niece use to catch that lunker? She did good for herself. I have a niece that I took fishing with me all the time, but now she is 22 years old and doesn't want anything to do with fishing. Man I miss them days...When she was about 8 I would take her to the park with me and catch trout. Then after fishing, I would give her a half hour of play time on the swings. Every day after school she would ask to go fishing..This way she wouldn't be stuck in the house and it gave her time to play with the other kids...

Whenever I take the niece&nephew fishing I catch live crawdads and they use those for bait. The smallies in the Au Sable are suckers for craws so they always have a blast catching a bunch of nice fish on them. I love taking them fishing, there's nothing better than seeing a kid get so happy when a fish takes and they start fighting it. Here's a few more of her with some fish she caught last year...

kristina3.jpg

kristina4.jpg

kristina5.jpg

My Nephew Cody likes to fish as well but not as much as my niece does....

codyy.jpg

They'll be up there with me for the whole 2 weeks in July so you'll have to come over to the cabin one evening with her and we'll take them down to the river for a bit.

My lucky salmon magnet on the right and his buddy. Pretty sure he's part beaver too lol. He pulls small trees out to the shore and chews on em all day happy as a clam.

post-21237-1271618446_thumb.jpg