Fly Tying
smokinprice

Foam Gurglers

Been looking to try something new with the foam. Found an article on foam gurglers that I had saved and figured why not. Still need to do better at times with my tying. Dont know about the color combos as I was just trying to throw some stuff together to see what works. Let me know what you think.

post-10276-1271177717_thumb.jpg

post-10276-1271177861_thumb.jpg

post-10276-1271177950_thumb.jpg

post-10276-1271178054_thumb.jpg

Good job. It makes me think I need to tie up some gurglers! I've never fished one... I'll have to give them a whirl.

very nice Gurglers. You really can't go wrong with them, my main go-to top water fly. yellows & greens have always work quiet well for me.

Mike

Great ties, Jeff. Those are monster patterns compared to the 12's you usually tie. What happened? You drive down to VA and find real fish? :rolleyes:

But seriously, you're tying is excelling lately! Can't wait to fish a few of these!

good stuff! i always thought of them as a saltwater pattern but these are great! I will have to tie some up!

Look here donkey I tied them in size 8. Keep it up and there will be none for you!

Blah, blah, yakety, shmakety....whatever....just send them to me and I'll post pics of real smallmouths for ya!

Guest rich mc

i havent tied them in a while. but i have done better witha diver style. just reverse the foam. a black foam and red or orange legs has been my best color. rich mc

Been looking to try something new with the foam. Found an article on foam gurglers that I had saved and figured why not. Still need to do better at times with my tying. Dont know about the color combos as I was just trying to throw some stuff together to see what works. Let me know what you think.

Jeff,

Those are killer looking! Seriously beautiful job!

One of the color combos that works for us locally is bleached elk hair (or white bucktail) for the tail, orange ice dub for the underbody, orange foam, and black and white centipede legs.

All the combos look great.

John